WFAN in New York

1billsfan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep telling my friends here that this is probably gonna happen. The stevestojantty thing is that I don't like it from either standpoint. Clements is in no way a proven head coach and people here aren't too thrilled that he may be the best choice left. PLUS I would be pissed if the Bills lost him. I dunno, the only great advantage I see to having him here is that he is a former player and star so I think he would be more inclined to actively recruit rather than sit back and let the ND "mystique" reccruit for us like the previous 2 coaches.

I keep telling my friends here that this is probably gonna happen. The stevestojantty thing is that I don't like it from either standpoint. Clements is in no way a proven head coach and people here aren't too thrilled that he may be the best choice left. PLUS I would be pissed if the Bills lost him. I dunno, the only great advantage I see to having him here is that he is a former player and star so I think he would be more inclined to actively recruit rather than sit back and let the ND "mystique" reccruit for us like the previous 2 coaches.

151946[/snapback]

Bart, you don't have to leave campus...what about your women's "football" coach? Just won an NCAA title, so all is not lost in South Bend, right? There's your #1 candidate! :(

Bart, you don't have to leave campus...what about your women's "football" coach?  Just won an NCAA title, so all is not lost in South Bend, right? There's your #1 candidate! :D

151988[/snapback]

That actually did cause some excitement around here....for about an hour. :(

They have a big sign that says "#1" and it is placed on top of one of the tallest building on campus. It is lit when any of our teams is currently #1 in the country in their sport. I yearned for the day it was on for something other than fencing. Guess I got my wish.... :(

No actually it was cool to see them win a title. I just think the mood around here is permanently bleak after the debacle. Add to that how we keep getting beaten over the head with it by ESPN and every other sports station.

Right after they fired Ty, my girlfriend said they should get Regis to coach (alum). That choice is looking better and better each day.:doh:

151946[/snapback]

I don't believe that they'll choose Clements. While they're intrigued by him and he's viewed as a chic choice, rumors persist that, when push comes to shove, they'll go with an "experienced" guy.

Keep the faith.

I would say the chances they hire Clements aren't very good. The program needs a name - someone with a significant track record as a winner at the college level.

I just can't see them trying to sell a guy with no HC experience at the major college level, regardless of what Montana thinks.