Lost in the hope and despair

Rubes

1. Buffalo allowed only 135 yards rushing, in what seems like the first time since the Clinton administration that they did not give up more than 200 yards rushing.

2. Buffalo allowed only 2 of 11 third down conversions (18%), and made 11 of 17 themselves (64%). I am quite certain the stats guys have that reversed, but for now I'll just pretend that they didn't.

3. Buffalo punted only twice the whole game, matching their previous average number of punts before the first TV timeout.

4. Buffalo allowed fewer sacks (1) than they had (2), and even that one sack really shouldn't count as a sack. In related news, Cornell Green just reinjured himself at the buffet table.

5. Buffalo had an advantage of more than 13 minutes in time of possession. I'm thinking they counted most of the television timeouts in our favor.

6. Despite these stats, most of which we haven't seen in the new millenium, we still somehow suck serious ass on defense. Which is why stats, as they say, are for losers.

Go Bills.

1. Buffalo allowed only 135 yards rushing, in what seems like the first time since the Clinton administration that they did not give up more than 200 yards rushing.

2. Buffalo allowed only 2 of 11 third down conversions (18%), and made 11 of 17 themselves (64%). I am quite certain the stats guys have that reversed, but for now I'll just pretend that they didn't.

3. Buffalo punted only twice the whole game, matching their previous average number of punts before the first TV timeout.

4. Buffalo allowed fewer sacks (1) than they had (2), and even that one sack really shouldn't count as a sack. In related news, Cornell Green just reinjured himself at the buffet table.

5. Buffalo had an advantage of more than 13 minutes in time of possession. I'm thinking they counted most of the television timeouts in our favor.

6. Despite these stats, most of which we haven't seen in the new millenium, we still somehow suck serious ass on defense. Which is why stats, as they say, are for losers.

Go Bills.

This is a sign of progress.

Now look at the players that made big mistakes like Spiller and Edwards and you have to believe that they will learn and get better.

We have a long way to go but today was a positve step.