A Political Poll

Nanker

What do you think WILL happen - not what you WISH to happen?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win a majority in Congress?

• Democrats maintain the Senate
    • Republicans win control of the Senate
    • Democrats maintain the US House of Representatives
    • Republicans win control of the US House of Representatives
  2. 2. Who will win these gubernatorial elections?

• FL - Sink D
    • FL - Scott R
    • VT - Shumlin D
    • VT - Dubie (gotta love the name) R
    • RI - Caprio D
    • RI - Chafee Independent
    • IL - Quinn D
    • IL - Brady R
    • OR - Kitzhaber D
    • OR - Dudley R
    • HI - Abercrombie D
    • HI - Aiona R
  3. 3. Senate Seats - these are currently rated "toss-ups"

• CA - Boxer D
    • CA - Fiorina R
    • NV - Reid D
    • NV - Angle R
    • PA - Sestak D
    • PA - Toomey R
    • WA - Murray D
    • WA - Rossi R
    • IL - Giannoulias D
    • IL - Kirk R
    • CO - Bennet D
    • CO - Buck R
    • KY - Conway D
    • KY - Paul R
    • WV - Manchin D
    • WV - Raese R

Okay, let's make some personal predictions. It's not a public poll card-check legislation notwithstanding.

What do you think will happen - not what you wish/hope/pray happens.

http://www.realclear...tics.com/polls/

Careful how you vote, i.e., don't vote for two candidates in the same race. This isn't a poll for snowbirds from NYC and Palm Beach.

Edited by Nanker

Won't comment on the other races, but you can put Jerry Brown, and probably Barbara Boxer, in the win columns for California. Too much left-leaning union crap here, with too many unfunded pensions at stake, for this state to do anything but keep electing people that will make sure they don't lose their share.

If either had a chance of losing, I'd say Boxer, because Fiorina has done a pretty good job (as has Boxer, actually) showing Boxer to be the shill that she is. But Brown is a different animal. You know he's going to win when someone on his staff calls Whitman a "whore," and it's immediately followed up with the National Orgization of Women not only confirming she's a whore, but endorsing Brown at the same time.

Where the hell is Chan Gailey and George Edwards on this list so I can vote them out?

Oh please. Edwards maybe, but Chan? Seriously? :lol:

Won't comment on the other races, but you can put Jerry Brown, and probably Barbara Boxer, in the win columns for California. Too much left-leaning union crap here, with too many unfunded pensions at stake, for this state to do anything but keep electing people that will make sure they don't lose their share.

If either had a chance of losing, I'd say Boxer, because Fiorina has done a pretty good job (as has Boxer, actually) showing Boxer to be the shill that she is. But Brown is a different animal. You know he's going to win when someone on his staff calls Whitman a "whore," and it's immediately followed up with the National Orgization of Women not only confirming she's a whore, but endorsing Brown at the same time.

That's just about how I see it. Governor Moonbeam II has soaked his crystals in sea salt for seven years and his aura is honed and polished to Aquarian levels not seen since the San Francisco homeopathic convention of 1848. He's a lock. Logic be damned. It's Kali-forn-ya in the post-modern age. One can only hope that the Repubs do take over the House, and Brown comes groveling to Washington for the $30 Billion bailout they so richly don't deserve, and they tell him to take a hike vis-à-vis "Ford to NYC - Drop Dead!"

I've said it elsewhere, the unfunded pensions are ruinous to the country's future.