Given one free trip to the past in a time machine, I would..

/dev/null

Given one free trip to the past in a time machine, I would..  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Given one free trip to the past in a time machine, I would..

• Witness an amazing historical event
    • Meet a long-dead hero
    • Go back a few years and invest in something
    • Set right what once went wrong
    • Kill Hitler
    • Kill grandad, to check the timeline's error handling
    • Leave behind a blatant anachronism
    • Prevent Firefly from getting cancelled

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go back and invest something.

I'd go back and INVENT something well before it was actually invented. Something big/dramatic. Maybe launch the Pocket Fisherman on the world in the 1800s.

I'd check the fault tolerance.

But what if the fault tolerance works? Then you never would have existed. Connor never would have existed. I never would have existed. Booster never would have existed. The vast majority of TSW never would of existed.

But what if the fault tolerance works? Then you never would have existed. Connor never would have existed. I never would have existed. Booster never would have existed. The vast majority of TSW never would of existed.

Stop encouraging him!

If the fault tolerance didn't work.

I gotta be me...I fault-test everything. I fault-test my damned cats.

Nothing in your poll. I would get the biggest British double rifle made and go back to the Cretaceous and shoot dinosaurs. YE-HA no limit!

Bronto steaks over a open fire-nothing finer.

Don't think it's a double, but you'd want Samuel Baker's "Baby" - a two-bore elephant rifle that used about an ounce of black powder per shot.

If you'd want to go old school. A Barrett XM500 would probably be a better choice for your anti-dinosaur needs.

If the fault tolerance didn't work.

I gotta be me...I fault-test everything. I fault-test my damned cats.

Don't think it's a double, but you'd want Samuel Baker's "Baby" - a two-bore elephant rifle that used about an ounce of black powder per shot.

If you'd want to go old school. A Barrett XM500 would probably be a better choice for your anti-dinosaur needs.

Oh, I'm sure there are better modern weapons then a double rifle. Just trying to be sporting about it.

By the way I did handle a actual 4 Gage double once-made in London 1870's-had to go 30 lbs. But of course that was the native gun bearers problem-her Majesty's captan would not handle it till they where in "bit of a spot".

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I'd go back to a time when I was young enough to snag Lana. I'd take my younger self (I realize that this is verboten from a space time continuum standpoint, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do) to the Northwest and sweep that woman off her feet.

I'd go back to a time when I was young enough to snag Lana. I'd take my younger self (I realize that this is verboten from a space time continuum standpoint, but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do) to the Northwest and sweep that woman off her feet.

Wouldn't be hard since she would be too Young to walk.

:wallbash: no, I'd take my younger self to her present self.

I don't think it works that way. But really you could go back in time and witness the building of the pyramids, Chat with Aristotle, or be present at the signing of the declaration of Independence but you're highest ambition is to hit on Lana? :rolleyes:

Edited by Jim in Anchorage