America isn't exceptional to Obama, but he himself is...

But...but...but....it's not his fault!! He inherited this mess!

Of course they never mention that he inherited it from Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

The "blaming it all on Bush, we inherited this mess" propaganda campaign is the biggest unchallenged lie currently being perpetrated in politics today...

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/10/20/bill-maher-anti-obama-voters-battered-women-going-back-abusive-boyfri

"Of course, the real issue is broader than that, for Americans began this change when they gave Democrats control of Congress in 2007. The numbers since then are even more stark:

• In January 2007 before the Democrats took over Congress, unemployment was 4.6 percent; now it's 9.6 percent.

• In January 2007 there were 7.1 million unemployed people in America; now there are 14.9 million.

• In January 2007 the median home price was $210,600; today it's $179,300.

• In January 2007 the Dow Jones Industrial Average was at 12,500; today it's at 11,000.

• In January 2007 the gross federal debt was $9 trillion; today it's $13.5 trillion.

• The poverty rate in 2006 was 12.3 percent; now it's 14.3 percent

• In the final budget created by a GOP-controlled Congress, the deficit was $160 billion; now it's $1.6 trillion.

Add it all up and: there were half as many people out of work then; houses were worth 17 percent more; stocks were 15 percent higher; the federal debt was 33 percent lower; poverty was 14 percent lower, and; the deficit was 90 percent lower."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take everything into consideration, most people see things from an idealogical POV, I see things from what makes sense from a logical standpoint. Maybe I can be fairly characterized as an "intractable" in regards to my views, but I definitely weigh in all viewpoints when I come to my conclusions.

My post was a friendly jab about anyone's idea of open-mindedness at PPP.

It shows how completely detached this president is from the devastating reality the American people are currently facing. He flat out doesn't care about the American people. Heck, he doesn't even care about his fellow democrats in washington. In my view, he really only cares about himself and his kids.

You are not a reasonable person. Fine. Don't like the joke. But "He flat out doesn't care about the American people." That's the kind of position that ends all dialog because it's so ignorant.

And I DON'T LIKE HIM ALMOST AT ALL!

Edited by Peace

I'm honestly not sure how he was supposed to respond to that. "Lady, you're completely delusional"? "No, I suck"? "These pretzels are making me thirsty"?

This was one of those times where it would have been better to show some semblance of class by either saying, "Thank you," or simply moving on.

The "blaming it all on Bush, we inherited this mess" propaganda campaign is the biggest unchallenged lie currently being perpetrated in politics today...

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/10/20/bill-maher-anti-obama-voters-battered-women-going-back-abusive-boyfri

"Of course, the real issue is broader than that, for Americans began this change when they gave Democrats control of Congress in 2007. The numbers since then are even more stark:

• In January 2007 before the Democrats took over Congress, unemployment was 4.6 percent; now it's 9.6 percent.

• In January 2007 there were 7.1 million unemployed people in America; now there are 14.9 million.

• In January 2007 the median home price was $210,600; today it's $179,300.

• In January 2007 the Dow Jones Industrial Average was at 12,500; today it's at 11,000.

• In January 2007 the gross federal debt was $9 trillion; today it's $13.5 trillion.

• The poverty rate in 2006 was 12.3 percent; now it's 14.3 percent

• In the final budget created by a GOP-controlled Congress, the deficit was $160 billion; now it's $1.6 trillion.

Add it all up and: there were half as many people out of work then; houses were worth 17 percent more; stocks were 15 percent higher; the federal debt was 33 percent lower; poverty was 14 percent lower, and; the deficit was 90 percent lower."

In January 2007, George W Bush still had two years left in office. More time passed between January 2007 and Obama's inauguration than time has passed since Obama's been in office.

January 2007 is also nine months before the **** really hit the fan.

So what was the purpose of bringing up January 2007 again?

I can't wait for the media and political machine to ram another unqualified candidate down our throats because of their own agenda... ya!!!

i just mailed out my 2010 absentee votes... heres to hoping it matters

If you voted Democrat or Republican, it doesn't.

Sage words by The Big Cat

Oh, please. Whipping out the old "both parties are bad" line is the most elementary way to make yourself sound like you're somehow smarter than everyone else. It has the all the effort and amazing insight of "I support the troops" or "We must fight breast cancer."

It's different if you repeatedly come here to propose why various ideas on both sides don't work, but you don't need to go back far to see what kind of lefty connerfic shill he is.

Maybe next he'll start rising above it all to let everyone know how important it is to eat your vegetables.

Oh, please. Whipping out the old "both parties are bad" line is the most elementary way to make yourself sound like you're somehow smarter than everyone else. It has the all the effort and amazing insight of "I support the troops" or "We must fight breast cancer."

It's different if you repeatedly come here to propose why various ideas on both sides don't work, but you don't need to go back far to see what kind of lefty connerfic shill he is.

Maybe next he'll start rising above it all to let everyone know how important it is to eat your vegetables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO46cpow_BY

Both parties are kind of bad, but what really makes one worse than the other, is when one party has complete control, with no real checks and balances. Right now, everything is on the dems, they have been in total control for 2 years, so logically the problems lie at their feet. Wait 4 more years, if the presidency goes back the the republicans (I think anyone is better than Obama) and the republicans end up also controling the congress, then they will be the problem and the elections will swing back for the dems.

You have to admit on some level though that since the dems got control of the congress (Bush was still president) things started getting worse, and then we essentially fell off a cliff with Obama in office pushing the agenda the majority of americans don't want (Obamacare and the Stim plans).

Oh well, I also already voted. I'm anticipating a great November 2nd (and not for the reasons you might think!)

Later

Edited by BB27

Warning: this contains vomit inducing material...

"One female supporter then yelled out “the best president on earth” and Obama replied, “Well, I won’t say that, but we got a pretty good president.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/21/obama-you-know-whos-a-pretty-good-president-me/comment-page-1/#comments

10% unemployment

Record 41 million Americans on food stamps

Millions of housing foreclosures

52 rounds of golf

Everyone needs to vote on Nov 2nd and hand this arrogant, egomaniac, classless jerk the most embarrassing midterm losses in US history. Make it so that no mistake were able to be made by the media that this is anything but a referendum on this clown's disastrous first two years.

Yes and all of that minus the golf is his fault. Dear god, the worst recession since the Great Depression and people want it fixed within two years. I love how republicans rant and rave over unemployment. Granted the number is high on the national level. State to state, district to district some areas are getting better. Plus, what about the jobs we lost that went overseas? Yet, people are dumb and back people like Fiorina was a HORRIBLE CEO at HP and was terminated and on top of that she THOUSANDS of jobs overseas.

You have to admit on some level though that since the dems got control of the congress (Bush was still president) things started getting worse, and then we essentially fell off a cliff with Obama in office pushing the agenda the majority of americans don't want (Obamacare and the Stim plans).

I do not like Obama but saying that the Dems caused the mess we're in is a crock. The Republicans had their hands on the wheel for a lot of what went wrong to make 2007-2008 happen. And much of 2009-2010 fallout has been because of Republicans. That doesn't excuse the Dems spending their asses off and ignoring fiscal sense, but they are just following what the Reps did.

I do not like Obama but saying that the Dems caused the mess we're in is a crock. The Republicans had their hands on the wheel for a lot of what went wrong to make 2007-2008 happen. And much of 2009-2010 fallout has been because of Republicans. That doesn't excuse the Dems spending their asses off and ignoring fiscal sense, but they are just following what the Reps did.

Totally agree. I wish the Dems would reign in their spending. I am also hoping that the Republicans do not regain control of anything. Talk about job losses, man I would hate to see what happens then.

Both parties are kind of bad, but what really makes one worse than the other, is when one party has complete control, with no real checks and balances. Right now, everything is on the dems, they have been in total control for 2 years, so logically the problems lie at their feet. Wait 4 more years, if the presidency goes back the the republicans (I think anyone is better than Obama) and the republicans end up also controling the congress, then they will be the problem and the elections will swing back for the dems.

Oh well, I also already voted. I'm anticipating a great November 2nd (and not for the reasons you might think!)

Later

This would hold a humming bird's beak worth of water if the Democrats did anything with their "power."

Yes and all of that minus the golf is his fault. Dear god, the worst recession since the Great Depression and people want it fixed within two years. I love how republicans rant and rave over unemployment. Granted the number is high on the national level. State to state, district to district some areas are getting better. Plus, what about the jobs we lost that went overseas? Yet, people are dumb and back people like Fiorina was a HORRIBLE CEO at HP and was terminated and on top of that she THOUSANDS of jobs overseas.

Economics 101

You cannot spend your way out of a recession/depression. Imagine if we ran our personal finances this way. Eventually, all the country will be able to do is pay the minimum payment on the debt, with no money left over to pay the current bills, and the credit will be maxed out at the same time. Blame Bush all you want, Obama and the congress has made it 10x (this is being generous) worse with their spend spend spend policies.

Edited by BB27

Dear god, the worst recession since the Great Depression and people want it fixed within two years.

One of the main reasons the left is getting its ass handed to it is not exclusively because people expected the recession to be fixed in two years, but because the left doesn't understand it's clear to virtually anyone paying attention that the policies put forth in the past two years have done nothing but make a bad situation worse. You can't keep calling out the stimulus bill success based on what didn't happen or what would have happened in lieu of the bill, and expect a country facing 10% unemployment (with no relief in sight) to smile and say "Gee, they're right. What are we so worried about?"

Edited by LABillzFan

Dear god, the worst recession since the Great Depression and people want it fixed within two years. I love how republicans rant and rave over unemployment.

Your boy is the one who said if he was elected and got his stimulus unemployment would stay under 8% and he was going to make the sun rise and set.

Then when it didn't work out his excuse was that things were worse than they thought, which is just a nice way of saying they were talking out their asses and/or had no idea what they were talking about.

Sage words by The Big Cat

then whats the point? if it doesnt matter and you forgo your voting right then you have no right to b1tch if you dont like things or the direction the country is going. I know my 1 vote in a very blue and backwards state wont count for much but supporting the cadidates that i feel would represent myself and the state best earned my vote. Lets face it i'm sure the state will still be controlled by downstate liberals and RINO's but at least i'm trying. it has to start somewhere to end this madness.

Your boy is the one who said if he was elected and got his stimulus unemployment would stay under 8% and he was going to make the sun rise and set.

Then when it didn't work out his excuse was that things were worse than they thought, which is just a nice way of saying they were talking out their asses and/or had no idea what they were talking about.

I'll be honest and say i am going from memory and not posting stats or links to back my claim...

but if i remember this disaster of an economy started shortly after the Democrats took control of congress in Jan 2007

but if i remember this disaster of an economy started shortly after the Democrats took control of congress in Jan 2007

Complete coincidence. The direct cause was the American consumers' debt-ignorant spending for the ten years previous. The root causes go back much, much farther.