Ngata expected to be drafted by the Bills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a casual observer of the '05 Bills would have known that their no. one priority was a defensive tackle who could plug up the middle. Lo and behold, the consensus best DT in the draft falls to us and we pass. That's not even the part that really gets me. OK, you're hell bent to take Whitner. Fine. (My brother says that they had actually targeted Huff and panicked when Oakland picked him the spot before. I don't have anything to confirm that however.) No question Denver was looking to trade up to get Cutler. Why in the world wouldn't you trade from #8 to #15 and pick up an extra second? You're concerned that Whitner wouldn't be there at #15????? That would have given us a one, two two's and two three's and a chance to stockpile some decent talent. Instead, we screw up the one and blow a two and a three to move back to pick McCargo. That sequence was all you needed to know about the compentency of Levy/Jauron.

From what I understand, Jauron needed a safety to run his vaunted Tampa 2, and felt that Whitner was the best fit. Ironic that Whitner's struggles in his first few years have been blamed on his inability to properly operate in a 2 Deep zone---- although he's struggling in coverage this year, as well.

Yeah, Jauron needed more DBs during his time here than any other team in the league, and still could't land a atarting

corner.

Cornerback Strong Safety Free Safety

Terrence McGee Donte Whitner Jairus Byrd

Drayton Florence Bryan Scott George Wilson

Leodis McKelvin Cary Harris

Reggie Corner

Ashton Youboty

From what I understand, Jauron needed a safety to run his vaunted Tampa 2, and felt that Whitner was the best fit. Ironic that Whitner's struggles in his first few years have been blamed on his inability to properly operate in a 2 Deep zone---- although he's struggling in coverage this year, as well.

Yes, that is quite ironic that Jauron's system appears to not have fit him. What an organization.

Even a casual observer of the '05 Bills would have known that their no. one priority was a defensive tackle who could plug up the middle. Lo and behold, the consensus best DT in the draft falls to us and we pass. That's not even the part that really gets me. OK, you're hell bent to take Whitner. Fine. (My brother says that they had actually targeted Huff and panicked when Oakland picked him the spot before. I don't have anything to confirm that however.) No question Denver was looking to trade up to get Cutler. Why in the world wouldn't you trade from #8 to #15 and pick up an extra second? You're concerned that Whitner wouldn't be there at #15????? That would have given us a one, two two's and two three's and a chance to stockpile some decent talent. Instead, we screw up the one and blow a two and a three to move back to pick McCargo. That sequence was all you needed to know about the compentency of Levy/Jauron.

Great points. So depressing how this organization was/is run.

Is there a team in the NFL that is WORSE at evaluating talent then Buffalo, consistently?

Raiders. Lions.

Bills in at #3.

Did you start this thread as an assassination attempt on poor Bill in NYC?

Edited by Peace

Plus if ya look at it with our first we could have gottne Ngata and with our second without moving could have had whitner. So we get Whitner and McCargo in the first instead. BRILLIANT

You'll never know and even if you did what are you going to do? Get pissed? Fire him?

The Bills organization is deeply dysfunctional from top to bottom. If the owner doesn't do anything about it, then what's the point?

The owner is the biggest part of the problem, I just don't get how nobody else gets that fact.

He made himself president after he fired Donahoe and then let Dick Jauron be De facto GM after Marv Levy stepped down.... the owner as president...a HC like Jauron as GM ...WTH! talk about dysfunctional

This owner must think of himself as someone who knows what he is doing in the world of NFL football, clearly he is not smart enough to realize that he isn't smart enough. He is old School like Bill Bidwell, Robert Irsay, Al Davis and the sad fact is I don't see him changing in his lifetime. What is really sad for Bills fans is he isn't even smart enough to know who to hire to run his team, and must be afraid to take another chance like he did with Tom Donahoe.

Tom Donahoe the Steeler's director of college scouting loses a power struggle with Bill Cowher and gets fired, So braniac Ralph Wilson hires the guy and promotes him to not only GM but president :doh: Ralph Wilson must now think that every director of college scouting is the next Bill Polian waiting to happen and he needs to find him, hench the Buddy Nix hire.

Edited by Harvey lives

Wow, he is so open about it too.

I guess there was more than just fan speculation that Ngata was in the Bills sights.

See how Ngata seems to want to get better at football as opposed to some players that seem to want to look better with their shirt off, Maybi those players should take notes.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

I want the Buffalo Bills to come clean and say WHO pushed the Whitner pick through? Was it Marv? Was it Modrak? WHO was the genius that decided Ngata was not who we needed? I want a real answer, dammit. No offense intended to Whitner -- you probably couldn't see it coming that you'd be taken at the 8th pick. But I want a NAME -- none of this -- "it was the scouting department" or "Ralph always gets the final say-so" or that BS. I want to know WHO said "No, fellas, we're going to take Whitner". If that individual is not already gone, it's time to make that happen.

Obviously someone was in touch with Ngata from the Bills. (Modrak?) But someone else (Levy/Jauron/Wilson?) trumped everyone with the Whitner pick.

PTR

Raiders. Lions.

Bills in at #3.

Did you start this thread as an assassination attempt on poor Bill in NYC?

Well, Raiders are run by a nutty old guy also. Detroit will take time to recover the Millen mess.

And no. Why?

Amen.

Those two moves definitely set the franchise back, I remember how the ESPN draft staff had no notes or video of McCargo ready. Thats never a good sign; Not saying they are geniuses, but I'm just sayin' they might have say the top 50 prospects ready for the first round.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Amen.

Those two moves definitely set the franchise back, I remember how the ESPN draft staff had no notes or video of McCargo ready. Thats never a good sign; Not saying they are geniuses, but I'm just sayin' they might have say the top 50 prospects ready for the first round.

It should also be added that someone in charge of college scouting graded Ngata and McCargo as equivalent talent. :blink:

McCargo is setting records in terms of being inactive on game days, while Ngata has only become a one man wrecking crew.