NPR fires Juan Williams

Magox

Juan Williams gets the boot.

NPR hates the fact that he works for FOX, in the past they criticized him and Mara Liasson for being part of their daily programming. To me this is no surprise, if you listen to NPR the way I do in the mornings then you see that 9 out of 10 stories have a left-leaning sympathetic tilt to it. Very subtle, but it's there.

I really don't care whether NPR gets funding from the government or Mexican drug cartels. The fact that they fired Juan, a decidedly liberal kinda guy, for what he said on a non NPR program, is repugnant. Juan said what a great many Americans feel. Probably a great many non Americans as well.

The pussification of America continues and as a long, long, long time listener to NPR, I am disgusted to the point of listening no more. When they apologize and offer Juan his job back, maybe I'll give them another shot. But until then, I am done with NPR and I would encourage everyone else who listens to NPR to do the same thing.

Edited by DrFishfinder

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care whether NPR gets funding from the government or Mexican drug cartels. The fact that they fired Juan, a decidedly liberal kinda guy, for what he said on a non NPR program, is repugnant. Juan said what a great many Americans feel. Probably a great many non Americans as well.

The pussification of America continues and as a long, long, long time listener to NPR, I am disgusted to the point of listening no more. When they apologize and offer Juan his job back, maybe I'll give them another shot. But until then, I am done with NPR and I would encourage everyone else who listens to NPR to do the same thing.

You know what a *ussy would do, a *ussy would be afraid of terrorists. So you little *ussy's sit in your frightened little box and get all scared of every little turban that walks by. I'll be at the pub drinking a beer.

Edited by conner

You know what a *ussy would do, a *ussy would be afraid of terrorists. So you little *ussy's sit in your frightened little box and get all scared of every little turban that walks by. I'll be at the pub drinking a beer.

Safe place to be drinking a beer in a pub, while he's up in the air with terrorists. Mighty brave of you.

Please point out to me where in his post he said anything about being afraid of terrorists.

So because we spend a shitload of money on the military spending money on a radio station is ok? :wacko:

BTW, what is your return on that investment??

I never said it was "okay." But if I was the kinda guy who was really concerned about where my taxes were going, I think I'd spend more time going after Moby Dick, and less time chasing guppies.

ROI = Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Car Talk, and Will Short's weekend puzzle. I'd say that 2.25 hours of weekly entertainment alone is worth the less than $1 coming out of a $2500 paycheck.

I'm just curious if you'd still hold the same opinion if the NPR lineup included Rush, Beck, etc. instead of pretentious libs.

Edit: I get zero ROI on that investment

I'm turned off by overt conservatism. I'm also turned off by overt liberalism. I am not turned off by NPR. Funny how only the people who don't listen to their programming call it liberal. Go through today's archives and find me one pretentiously liberal segment. I'll be waiting.

And there is it...the old "drop in a bucket" liberal mentality. As predictable as as can be.

And likewise, the guy who's so god damned concerned about his precious tax dollars cares less about the mammoth programs they actually pay for. What's the difference between you and me again?

What's the difference between you and me again?

For starters, I know what concerns me about government spending and you just think you know what concerns me. Not that this keeps you from expressing what you THINK you know as fact. Which, as it turns out, is another difference between you and me.

I'm turned off by overt conservatism. I'm also turned off by overt liberalism. I am not turned off by NPR. Funny how only the people who don't listen to their programming call it liberal. Go through today's archives and find me one pretentiously liberal segment. I'll be waiting.

I don't currently listen but I've gotten an earful of NPR on more than a few occassions. It's the sneaky gutless kind of bias (like BBC), where they come off like they're just reporting the news, but tell it from their point of view. The bias isn't so much in what they tell you, but rather in what they leave out. I'll take an overt partisan anyday. Take Keith Olberman; the guy's a nut, but at least he's honest and open about who he is and where he's coming from.

I don't currently listen but I've gotten an earful of NPR on more than a few occassions. It's the sneaky gutless kind of bias (like BBC), where they come off like they're just reporting the news, but tell it from their point of view. The bias isn't so much in what they tell you, but rather in what they leave out. I'll take an overt partisan anyday. Take Keith Olberman; the guy's a nut, but at least he's honest and open about who he is and where he's coming from.

It's impossible to have news without bias. But NPR doesn't straight up lie to you like Fox News does. They try very hard to keep personal opinions out of the news as best they can perform that impossible task.

Edited by conner

For starters, I know what concerns me about government spending and you just think you know what concerns me. Not that this keeps you from expressing what you THINK you know as fact. Which, as it turns out, is another difference between you and me.

We all have concerns about government spending, bud.

Try and tell me yours in one sentence.

What are my concerns, you ask?

I'm concerned that my vote is less valuable than the campaign dollars I can't afford.

It's impossible to have news without bias. But NPR doesn't straight up lie to you like Fox News does. They try very hard to keep personal opinions out of the news as best they can perform that impossible task.

:lol:

Hows the SSDI working out for you?

I am not so sure- Olbermouth and an entertainer, just like Rush Pillpopper. There is no telling which side either is actually one- they just like to fuel the hatred, so they can count their money......

I don't currently listen but I've gotten an earful of NPR on more than a few occassions. It's the sneaky gutless kind of bias (like BBC), where they come off like they're just reporting the news, but tell it from their point of view. The bias isn't so much in what they tell you, but rather in what they leave out.

Yup.

I know you haters are just going to hate... but regardless...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130713285&ps=cprs

On the radio they said he'd been warned repeatedly, and this instance was the last straw. I don't get why you guys care anyway, you can hear all the Juan Williams you want on Fox News now.

No! No! No!

NPR IS A ONE-SIDED LIBERAL MONOLITH! SEE! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130751882

No! No! No!

NPR IS A ONE-SIDED LIBERAL MONOLITH! SEE! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130751882

Uhm, that was written by the ombudsman whose job is to dissect a previous story which may or may not have been mishandled by the network. But that's ok. It also has absolutely nothing to do with NPR's editorial slant, which is a familiar liberal condescension to anyone who lives on both coasts.

Uhm, that was written by the ombudsman whose job is to dissect a previous story which may or may not have been mishandled by the network. But that's ok. It also has absolutely nothing to do with NPR's editorial slant, which is a familiar liberal condescension to anyone who lives on both coasts.

Yeah, no. That was a conversation as part of their programming. You should listen to it or read the transcript before you refute it.

NPR gets at most less than 10% of indirect federal funding.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20020383-503544.html

I hope those that want to end that funding for NPR will be consistent and call for the end of tax exemptions for churches the next time one of them fires or refuses to hire a person because of their opinions on gays or abortion.

Could you PLEASE just lick the third rail, already?

NPR gets at most less than 10% of indirect federal funding.

http://www.cbsnews.c...383-503544.html

I hope those that want to end that funding for NPR will be consistent and call for the end of tax exemptions for churches the next time one of them fires or refuses to hire a person because of their opinions on gays or abortion.

This is so beyond stupefying, I dont know where to begin.

Conner, with all due respect, I really don't care what you do to your liver, or where you do it.

NPR is pussified for having the unmitigated gall to fire Juan for what he said OFF THE JOB.

THEY are the ones who are so afraid of gratuitous mewling from groups like CAIR or IAC that they fold like a house of cards. Gutless, spineless, Islamic butt kissers.

Edited by DrFishfinder