Any one ever hear of "spice"?

Let me explain this to you since you have never smoked and have no idea what being high is actually like. When you first smoke, its a completely new feeling. Your heartbeat increases and a lot of new smokers panic about this and convince themselves that they have a serious problem (when there have been precisely 0 deaths related directly to smoking marijuana). If you have smoked more than a couple times, you know the feeling and know what is normal and what to expect. Paranoia comes from the unknown when related to marijuana smoking. If you want to say that marijuana causes pure, unexplained paranoia, then you obviously aren't fully educated in the subject.

Of all the things to be fully educated on.....smoking pot???????

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain this to you since you have never smoked and have no idea what being high is actually like. When you first smoke, its a completely new feeling. Your heartbeat increases and a lot of new smokers panic about this and convince themselves that they have a serious problem (when there have been precisely 0 deaths related directly to smoking marijuana). If you have smoked more than a couple times, you know the feeling and know what is normal and what to expect. Paranoia comes from the unknown when related to marijuana smoking. If you want to say that marijuana causes pure, unexplained paranoia, then you obviously aren't fully educated in the subject.

Hey, Mr. Education, your reading comprehension skills are pretty suspect (although with what is known about pot and short term memory, quite understandable)........I said I SMOKED pot many many times, I HAD paranoia many times, I HAD my first panic attack after smoking pot.........I am "fully educated in the subject."

I'm realizing it's pretty hard to argue with somebody who is stoned.

Hey, Mr. Education, your reading comprehension skills are pretty suspect (although with what is known about pot and short term memory, quite understandable)........I said I SMOKED pot many many times, I HAD paranoia many times, I HAD my first panic attack after smoking pot.........I am "fully educated in the subject."

I'm realizing it's pretty hard to argue with somebody who is stoned.

Okay, I missed the part where you said you smoked, my bad. I still fail to understand how you can blame your panic attack on marijuana especially after smoking "many many" times. Other stress couldn't have been a factor at all?

And I haven't smoked once during this whole debate, so good try.

Your first go-round with the crayon eater?

I'm well aware of Crayonz and his antics. Just making a statement. Trust me, I don't plan on getting into anything with Crayonz, nothing good will come out of that wink.gif

Okay, I missed the part where you said you smoked, my bad. I still fail to understand how you can blame your panic attack on marijuana especially after smoking "many many" times. Other stress couldn't have been a factor at all?

And I haven't smoked once during this whole debate, so good try.

Doesn't pot stay in the system for a very long time? :P

As for my first panic attack experience, I had smoked a lot of pot in high school, before realizing, like Chef Jim, that this is a really stupid drug. Why would I want to sit in a corner and contemplate life and in my case, be paranoid, when I can get drunk and be social. Your mileage may vary.

So, during my last college summer, I have an industrial accident where I chop off my thumb.........They give me some opiate painkillers (first time experiencing that) and I loved that feeling........So, one night, my friends and I are going to a movie, and they're going to smoke pot, and I'm like Hey, I think I should give this whole drug thing a second chance!

So, all is well until we settle into the theatre. All of a sudden I'm like wtf - this is crazy all these people in here, holy crap - I've got no thumb, and on and on......I get the eff out of there and end up in the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack.

Was there stress in my life - yes, although it was actually a stress free summer, being on disability! Did the pot trigger the panic attack - yes. And, I wasn't debating the legality of pot at the time.

As stupid as I am when it comes to substance abuse, that was not the last time I smoked it......The very last time I smoked it was 10X worse. I was literally insane, and never thought I was coming back to sanity. (It is a hallucinogenic, too - I thought my girlfriend was the devil - ugh!)

If you think I'm alone you are wrong. I've heard tons of these stories. Howard Stern has talked about how bad he is with pot and he's had very similar things happen.....Just google pot and paranoia and you get over 800,000 hits.

Every drug effects everybody differently. I think none moreso than this one.

Ditto .... though I prefer Vodka or Bourbon to wine. The libertarian in me says legalize it and tax it like all of the other vices. As long as people are smoking in their own home and they are not our driving while high what's the harm? I tend to doubt the physical damage over the long term is much worse than sa someone who smokes cigs and drinks more than a couple every day.

I hate people that smoke and drive. Always going 20 mph under the speed limit.

If you think I'm alone you are wrong. I've heard tons of these stories. Howard Stern has talked about how bad he is with pot and he's had very similar things happen.....Just google pot and paranoia and you get over 800,000 hits.

Every drug effects everybody differently. I think none moreso than this one.

I googled jim kelly terrorist and got 300k hits. I guess our old hof qb is one. :(

Personally, I hate the stuff. Whenever I tried it, I physically hurt - felt like there were chains in my muscles pulsating. That was the only effect I'd get, not fun! Wish I had gotten the fun effects. Oh well, my body chemistry wasn't meant to be, so I just don't do it.

I've smoked a ton of pot in my life and paranoia is a side effect of using it. The paranoia does not come from the unknown. It's obvious you aren't fully educated on the subject. :rolleyes:

I've smoked a ton of pot in my life and paranoia is a side effect of using it. The paranoia does not come from the unknown. It's obvious you aren't fully educated on the subject. :rolleyes:

He's too educated. He's been paranoid thousands of time, including this very thread, but his memory is too shot to remember it.

The only dudes I've know who became paranoid after smoking pot were women.

I googled jim kelly terrorist and got 300k hits. I guess our old hof qb is one. :(

Personally, I hate the stuff. Whenever I tried it, I physically hurt - felt like there were chains in my muscles pulsating. That was the only effect I'd get, not fun! Wish I had gotten the fun effects. Oh well, my body chemistry wasn't meant to be, so I just don't do it.

Did you put quotes around "Jim Kelly" and "terrorist" - that got 100K hits. It means that both words have to be on the site, not just one of them.

Doing "pot" "paranoia" gets 890K hits. "Marijuana" "paranoia" got almost 600K hits. I don't think Frank Reich would have the same effect!

One of the google suggestions after typing "marijuana" "paranoia" was marijuana paranoia stories, so I went with that. There are tons of stories, esp. on pro pot sites, like marijuana.com that are similar to mine. Actually some are much more whacky.

What's funnier is that everybody is trying (like I did) to somehow get the high without getting the paranoia. It's just part of the package deal with a lot of people.

Every drug effects everybody differently.

This is pretty much the bottom line, IMO. (Yes, there probably are exceptions to this, but in general this is my philosophy.) I know people who actually get speedy and nervous on depressants and sleep on speed. Individual differences vary the experience in most things in life.

I know a few people who simply can't smoke pot without getting weird. My advice to them is, "Don't smoke pot!" I learned the hard way, with a number of ex girlfriends (or dates) telling me they get weird on pot but insisting we try it again together. Why me?

I know far more people who get stupid/mean/weird when they drink. "Instant idiot, just add alcohol."

But I wouldn't suggest someone not try something they have an interest in trying because it effects some small percentage of people in a negative, but relatively benign way. Shellfish tends to trigger the gout for me. Would I suggest nobody try clams because of my negative experiences?

OTOH, if many/most people had problematic experiences, or if the negative experiences tended to be injurious or severe, then I might suggest abstinence, as the negatives far outweigh the positives. That simply isn't the case for smoking pot. Most people tolerate it well and the negatives tend to be transitory. Do some people occasionally experience some mild paranoia? Sure. Big deal. Try hanging out with crack heads and you will see what real paranoia looks like.

Did you put quotes around "Jim Kelly" and "terrorist" - that got 100K hits. It means that both words have to be on the site, not just one of them.

Doing "pot" "paranoia" gets 890K hits. "Marijuana" "paranoia" got almost 600K hits. I don't think Frank Reich would have the same effect!

One of the google suggestions after typing "marijuana" "paranoia" was marijuana paranoia stories, so I went with that. There are tons of stories, esp. on pro pot sites, like marijuana.com that are similar to mine. Actually some are much more whacky.

What's funnier is that everybody is trying (like I did) to somehow get the high without getting the paranoia. It's just part of the package deal with a lot of people.

Next time, learn how to use Google before trying to teach someone else how to do it. :P

Here's how Google actually works:

- Quotes signify an exact phrase or word, they have nothing to do with whether both words have to be on the site or not.

- " " around a phrase means match that exact phrase in that exact order.

- " " around a single word means to not use any synonyms and only that exact word, which is the same as putting a + sign in front of a word.

- By default, Google uses AND as the operator (like any sane search engine). This means that Google *always* requires all of the words to be in search results, unless you specify a different logical operator.

My point was Google search result numbers aren't really data thats evident of anything. I could write a script that makes a million web pages on various free web hosts that have random text that say something ridiculous like "My friends Jim Kelly and Bob Barker love game shows. In unrelated news, terrorists are still trying to terrorise people" and have them crawled by Google. They likely won't show up near the top of the search results (as no one's actually looking at those pages), but it'll increase the number of page results for your search by a million. (This wouldn't completely work as Google is likely to omit search results that are too close, but you see my point).

Edited by BlueFire

- By default, Google uses AND as the operator (like any sane search engine). This means that Google *always* requires all of the words to be in search results, unless you specify a different logical operator.

Not to hijack the thread, but why is it I regularly get results (highly ranked results at that) where some of the words are NOT on the page. Even if I click on the cached version, I often get a word or two are on "pages pointing to this page" or something like that?

Not to hijack the thread, but why is it I regularly get results (highly ranked results at that) where some of the words are NOT on the page. Even if I click on the cached version, I often get a word or two are on "pages pointing to this page" or something like that?

What he said. Interesting idea Bluefire on skewing the hits, I like it.