Any one ever hear of "spice"?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Towelie....you're the worst poster ever.

Oh and Pete, I'm not sure what your post has to do with bbb contention that pot is in fact not harmless. It may have something to do with something you and he were talking about but that would require I go back through this thread and I'm sorry I'm going back through this train wreck. :lol:

my point is that anything can be harmful in large amounts. Even vitamin C or Dihydrogen Monoxide. "Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." take note bbb

my point is that anything can be harmful in large amounts. Even vitamin C or Dihydrogen Monoxide. "Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world." take note bbb

Now this is sarcasm at it's FINEST! Getting stoned out of reality is living in the real world! :thumbsup:

So you had to post all that to make a point that almost anything can be harmful in large quantities. :doh:

Nope, just passing curiosity.

You pot guys are so serious (how ironic). I tried deflecting off Booster the other night with a couple of Charlie Sheen quotes and such - stuff that everybody has been laughing about all week, but he was relentless. You guys act like you are defending your mother from some slur I made.

I guess I would have to ask - relative to what? Certainly it's less harmful than that DHMO stuff that Pete was talking about. I've been on the phone all morning telling my friends and family about this. Some of them were using it 8 or more times a day!

well I have a sense of humor and find that sight amusing

Well, the humor part is that DHMO is water, and the idea is to poke fun at any research by using it (I'm sure instructions are in the High Society manual). But, since Chef doesn't know that, he thinks you're serious, which is totally reasonable, given your earlier rant about every three and four letter acronym in the world.

He still thinks you're serious and you still think he knows it's water. That's why the humor isn't working right now.

Now this is sarcasm at it's FINEST! Getting stoned out of reality is living in the real world! :thumbsup:

well native americans smoked the peace pipe long before they were relegated to reservations and worse. Original America the peace pipe was part of the real world- long before we desecrated this country. Now the "real world" in America is a bombardment of in your face advertisements, rampant consumerism, materialism, greed, selfishness. celebrity worship, ignorance and fake morals. I prefer the native americans original real world myself

BBB- here are some of the dangers associated with Dihydrogen Monoxide.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Is it safe to eat with Lentils???

Idly wondering what you think of the statement "Marijuana is relatively harmless"?

I am not BBB but I feel I can respond to this question as an outsider with insight, being that I have never smoked pot.

A lot of things are relatively harmless. Weed in relation to alcohol is relatively harmless on the basis that alcohol is more readily available, consumed, and misused. There have been accidents involving pot, whether someone had it fall in their lap and burn them or had their reflexes altered. Two kids I went to high school with had both of those happen.

To agree with this statement I would say, sure, it is correct, but handguns are relatively harmless, too. A shotgun or machine gun is harmless!

well native americans smoked the peace pipe long before they were relegated to reservations and worse. Original America the peace pipe was part of the real world- long before we desecrated this country. Now the "real world" in America is a bombardment of in your face advertisements, rampant consumerism, materialism, greed, selfishness. celebrity worship, ignorance and fake morals. I prefer the native americans original real world myself

Didn't their real world also consist of sending a virgin over the Falls in a canoe for good luck?

Yeah I know it's water.

Then I guess the humor is just failing?

You pot guys are so serious (how ironic). I tried deflecting off Booster the other night with a couple of Charlie Sheen quotes and such - stuff that everybody has been laughing about all week, but he was relentless. You guys act like you are defending your mother from some slur I made.

So my asking a mild question out of simple curiosity is akin to relentlessly defending my mother from a slur? And I'm the one who's so serious? :blink:

Perhaps us pot guys folks who still believe in the sanctity of America's individual freedoms just think your sense of humor shows more effort than ability?

So my asking a mild question out of simple curiosity is akin to relentlessly defending my mother from a slur? And I'm the one who's so serious? :blink:

Perhaps us pot guys folks who still believe in the sanctity of America's individual freedoms just think your sense of humor shows more effort than ability?

An immediate light-hearted reply that says this -

Wait - is this sarcasm again?!? :)
is an over-effort?

My attempt at humor makes me the serious one. OK? :unsure:

And, the reason I maybe falsely lumped you in with the other folks is because all I did was post a study. And, try to fend off attacks since with failed attempts at humor.

I will post a serious reply when I get another minute. But, so I can frame it right - what do you mean by "folks who still believe in the sanctity of America's individual freedoms?" And, where have I said anything regarding that?

what do you mean by "folks who still believe in the sanctity of America's individual freedoms?"

That some of us believe it's immoral and un-American to lock some poor, harmless sumbitch in a cage because he'd rather relax with a corn-cob pipe than a more personally and socially damaging jug of whiskey.

That some of us believe it's immoral and un-American to lock some poor, harmless sumbitch in a cage because he'd rather relax with a corn-cob pipe than a more personally and socially damaging jug of whiskey.

And, if you can find me saying anything regarding that, then let me know.

I know a lot of people who smoke pot, and I used to smoke a lot of pot, but I don't know anybody who has ever been locked in a cage because of it.

I've never taken a stand here about the legality of it. I'm actually 50/50 thinking that it would be a good idea to make all street drugs legal. The benefits to that are numerous, and I'm sure you know them, but my hesitation is this - when I was in high school, my best friend and I were pretty much the only ones smoking pot at parties, etc. I went to Catholic school in the 70s.......So, then by like soph or junior year, NYS decriminalized pot. All of a sudden, all the "good boys and girls" were smoking it. Mostly boys, actually.

So, my hesitation on legalizing all drugs is that a similar thing will happen - a lot of people who might otherwise not do it - they see it as a green light. And, I think you can't put the genie back in the bottle. It's a high risk high reward concept, I think. So, I'm still torn on it.

As for pot itself, I think it's about as illegal as firecrackers are. I haven't ever seen anybody get arrested for either.

By alert non-stoned Europeans who had invented neat things like refining iron. May be a lesson there.

And please don't give me that native Americans held the higher ground crap. Ever see a Erie Indian? No you haven't because the Iroquois slaughtered every last one.

Humor? :unsure:

You said: So you had to post all that to make a point that almost anything can be harmful in large quantities. :doh:

He said: well I have a sense of humor and find that sight amusing