Wegmans coming to Northborough, MA (outside of Boston)

Just Jack

Wegmans’ first Mass. store coming to Northborough

After years of delays, the New York grocery chain Wegmans is opening its first Massachusetts store in Northborough, where it is planning a 135,000-square-foot behemoth that will rival the state’s largest supermarkets.

“Over the next five to seven years, we might have half a dozen locations in Massachusetts,’’ said Ralph Uttaro, vice president of real estate development for Wegmans. “We’re looking for high-density areas with high levels of income and education.’’

Wegmans' first Mass. store coming to Northborough

After years of delays, the New York grocery chain Wegmans is opening its first Massachusetts store in Northborough, where it is planning a 135,000-square-foot behemoth that will rival the state's largest supermarkets.

"Over the next five to seven years, we might have half a dozen locations in Massachusetts,'' said Ralph Uttaro, vice president of real estate development for Wegmans. "We're looking for high-density areas with high levels of income and education.''

Yeah, of course they are. I move to CT and then they open a store in Massachusetts. Oh well, I don't miss Massavtwoshits at all!

Here is a breakdown of all the upcoming Wegmans!

• 7 months later...

Store #2 for the Boston area announced....

Wegmans to build store near Burlington Mall

Wegmans, the New York grocery chain, is planning to build a 140,000-square-foot supermarket near the Burlington Mall by the spring of 2013. It will be the second store in Massachusetts for Wegmans, which is opening its first one in Northborough this fall.

Last weekend they just opened up another Wegmans down here in Maryland (Frederick). You wouldn't believe the fanfare and hype. Thousands of people came to the opening. I have to admit, the one's they open down here are so much nicer than i remember in WNY. They are huge and have live music, food, chef stations, wifi and childcare to name a few. It's a destination point. Have fun going in Mass.

Last weekend they just opened up another Wegmans down here in Maryland (Frederick). You wouldn't believe the fanfare and hype. Thousands of people came to the opening. I have to admit, the one's they open down here are so much nicer than i remember in WNY. They are huge and have live music, food, chef stations, wifi and childcare to name a few. It's a destination point. Have fun going in Mass.

They've done many updates to the ones up here just like that. Chef stations all over, Wifi in the lunch area, and I believe child care as well. I love Wegmans and their subs are awesome.

• 4 months later...

I went to the opening. Drove an hour plus from NH to get some things you can only buy at a Wegman's. I think I spent the entire time with my mouth open in awe. I've seen a lot of Wegman's stores but this one is the largest and most spectacular I've seen. Of course it was an absolute madhouse. The downside of shopping in a place like that is you go into brain-lock over the selection. You see one thing you want, then another, and another. If you're not careful your cart is full before you leave the first aisle.

PTR

I am sure I've said it here many times, but Wegmans in the philly area is awesomer than anywhere else because they put pubs inside the stores to 'circumvent' the beer laws and it allows you to buy up to 3 six packs per visit instead of being forced to buy by the case from the package stores or sixers from local bars....whole foods does it as well, but wegmans is awesomer than whole foods

I went to the opening. Drove an hour plus from NH to get some things you can only buy at a Wegman's. I think I spent the entire time with my mouth open in awe. I've seen a lot of Wegman's stores but this one is the largest and most spectacular I've seen. Of course it was an absolute madhouse. The downside of shopping in a place like that is you go into brain-lock over the selection. You see one thing you want, then another, and another. If you're not careful your cart is full before you leave the first aisle.

PTR

What, no list of what these specific products were? I'm going to need some suggestions other than the sahlen's hot dogs I'll be stocking up on.

What, no list of what these specific products were? I'm going to need some suggestions other than the sahlen's hot dogs I'll be stocking up on.

Last I went to Wegmans in 2003 [ one in Hamburg,I think ] I thought the selection of cheese and cured meat's was incredible, but I am no judge as Anchorage's grocery stores are piss poor bad.