Wang tries hand

Beerball

Why the hell are they turning him into a guard instead of a tackle?! Is it because we just have too much talent at tackle and haven't drafted any guards lately?

It's hard to work on the inside in tight places.

It seems like some sort of sad joke. A team with bad tackles keeps picking up guards to develop.

Drafting RB's when you need tackles.

Drafting G's when you need tackles.

Drafting DB's when you need guards.

Just once on Day 1 I'd like to see this team play OT who has NFL measureables and can play the position the pros. (Cue the homer Mike Williams reference)

Yes. It's a reaction to another poster's (Leonidas') criticism of Beerball simply posting links without any other information.

I think "linky" works nicely.

As for Wang, be nice if he could cut it at guard. He's not fast but he's pretty mobile and could fit well in the pulling guard spot. Have to see how he handles a bull rush. Question is to what end? I for one don't mind what's been happening at LT. D. Bell is improving and really handles speed rushers rather well. If he can keep getting stronger and cut down on the bonehead penalties, we will have a solid LT. RT is a mess and we need to upgrade center. I'm not sure why everyone seems to be sure that Levitre can plat RT. I know he played tackle in college but he's got the shorter arms as well. I guess I'd like to see a different line up this week. We suck, why not put Wood at center and see if Wang, Urbik and Wrotto can play?

Yes. It's a reaction to another poster's (Leonidas') criticism of Beerball simply posting links without any other information.

Hahaha. Nice. Thanks for the explanation :)

In reality, it is an homage to my very favorite poster to ever grace the pages of TSW. If I have another child be it a boy or a girl he/she will be named Leonidas. :worthy:

Why the hell are they turning him into a guard instead of a tackle?! Is it because we just have too much talent at tackle and haven't drafted any guards lately?

It looks like we are making the plan to strengthen the middle of our line by moving WOOD to center, where he excelled in college. All too often in the last two seasons opposing teams have been able to bull rush our center right into the backfield.

So, Buddy's strategy appears to be to pick up some guards and come 2011 our middle three may be Levitre WOOD and WANG!

I think "linky" works nicely.

As for Wang, be nice if he could cut it at guard. He's not fast but he's pretty mobile and could fit well in the pulling guard spot. Have to see how he handles a bull rush. Question is to what end? I for one don't mind what's been happening at LT. D. Bell is improving and really handles speed rushers rather well. If he can keep getting stronger and cut down on the bonehead penalties, we will have a solid LT. RT is a mess and we need to upgrade center. I'm not sure why everyone seems to be sure that Levitre can plat RT. I know he played tackle in college but he's got the shorter arms as well. I guess I'd like to see a different line up this week. We suck, why not put Wood at center and see if Wang, Urbik and Wrotto can play?

You know I gotta say if nothing else it does seem like there is some sort of plan happening, where they are trying to get some combination of linemen figured out to ultimately build a stout line. It would be great if they can get to a point where they are 1 or 2 Lineman (top pick or FA) away from a good o-line instead of 2 to 3 where the year started.