Starbucks: Beer and Wine

/dev/null

I don't see a big problem, at least for me. I only go to Starbucks when there isn't a reasonable alternative nearby. If it also offered beer and wine (and interesting beer and wine would be a plus) I consider that a bonus. It wouldn't take my business from local joints, but would be nice to have when stuck in some Podunk suburbia and have a thirst.

This sounds like a step in the right direction. Now if they can only get rid of the ****ty coffee I might go there.

Whew.

And here I thought I was the only one that thinks their coffee sucks. I'd like to take a coffee tour of Seattle to see what it's really supposed to taste like...

In San Francisco, I was a fan of Peet's coffee (for a chain). Of course, like Seattle there are many good independent coffee shops as well.

The new hot coffee chain in SF now is Blue Bottle. Never had it, never will. I'm not a big coffee drinker (only one cup at home in the morning) but even if I were I'm a major contrarian. I would never wait in line 20 minutes (huge lines for this place at the Ferry Building during the farmer's market) for a cup of coffee. That's exactly what I'm talking about with my signature line.