Clausen benched

You have a point there, after the draft most of the pundits pointed to the Panthers running game as to one of the reasons Clausen might be going to great situation. I guess they aren't using their strenghts at RB well. I could see it if the other teams D was stacking the box and the running game was going nowhere, forcing Clausen to pass but...if they have a RB that is averaging 4.7 yards a carry that doesn't make any sense.

They have been throwing the ball because defenses are loading the box on them -- that's straight from John Fox. They are also playing from behind typically. Don't be fooled by a single data point which is skewed by a few big gainers, besides the 4.7 number is actually down for Williams.

This is you trying to stir up the masses by making a statement about a player after only 3 games, right?

Actually i think promo was just providing an update to the knobs on the board who were bitchin and complaining about nix for not drafting clausen after he had a decent half in his first preseason game a while back. Just a friendly update so they don't forget.

They have been throwing the ball because defenses are loading the box on them -- that's straight from John Fox. They are also playing from behind typically. Don't be fooled by a single data point which is skewed by a few big gainers, besides the 4.7 number is actually down for Williams.

Annnnd teams have never loaded the box in the past? Even when Deangelo and Jonathon rushed for an average of nearly 2,300 yds the last 2 years? You sure teams weren't loading the box. Hey. If teams are loading the box and my RB is still averaging 4.7 yds a carry, then thats pretty good in my book.

Single data point which is skewed by a few big gainers? I guess then Barry Sanders was the most overrated piece of sht running back in NFL history. His numbers were OBVIOUSLY skewed by a few big gainers. :rolleyes:

Edited by DreReed83

This coming from the #1 poster of the "he is a rookie give him 3 years" arguement.... Hypocritical much?

Ha ha ha...This from a guy who was foaming at the mouth for Clausen and screaming at Nix for not drafting him!

PTR

Actually i think promo was just providing an update to the knobs on the board who were bitchin and complaining about nix for not drafting clausen after he had a decent half in his first preseason game a while back. Just a friendly update so they don't forget.

Thank you. You are correct sir.

I'm surprised no one sees the irony of how we feel players on other teams need time, but when it's a Bills player they are a bust in OTA's.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Nix's opening day starter lasted fewer games than Clausen...

Yup, and he's classified as a bust. Or perhaps a washout at best.

Yep, Trent only lasted 3 games...and three seasons. :doh: Hardly gave him a shot.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't understand the benefit of drafting a QB in the first round to be "your guy" but not letting him grow into the NFL. Rookie QBs on bad teams rarely, if ever, perform well their first season, let alone their first couple games. Seems like a waste of a draft pick to choose a guy and not give him at least a year or two.

I'd rather my team tried and missed acquiring an elite-level franchise quarterback than ignore the most important position in all organized sports.

I'd rather my organization recognized that, without an elite-level franchise quarterback, your team is doomed to hope for a miraculous single-season playoff appearance, rather than being able to compete for a championship each year for a decade.

I'd rather my franchise shared my belief that having an elite-level franchise quarterback gave your organization credibility and hope for the future, thus helping to persuade high-quality free agents to come play for them.

I'd rather my favorite team was committed to the pursuit of championships, and resolved themselves to build for that goal, instead of rebuilding to 7-9, fully acknowledging that striving for that level of excellence opens you to ridicule when you miss on your franchise quarterback.

So yes, I'd rather the Bills had drafted Jimmy Clausen instead of Terrell Troupe. At least our pathetic play and hopeless standing in the NFL would be helping us evaluate the potential that we have our next elite-level franchise quarterback.

I'd rather my team tried and missed acquiring an elite-level franchise quarterback than ignore the most important position in all organized sports.

I'd rather my organization recognized that, without an elite-level franchise quarterback, your team is doomed to hope for a miraculous single-season playoff appearance, rather than being able to compete for a championship each year for a decade.

I'd rather my franchise shared my belief that having an elite-level franchise quarterback gave your organization credibility and hope for the future, thus helping to persuade high-quality free agents to come play for them.

I'd rather my favorite team was committed to the pursuit of championships, and resolved themselves to build for that goal, instead of rebuilding to 7-9, fully acknowledging that striving for that level of excellence opens you to ridicule when you miss on your franchise quarterback.

So yes, I'd rather the Bills had drafted Jimmy Clausen instead of Terrell Troupe. At least our pathetic play and hopeless standing in the NFL would be helping us evaluate the potential that we have our next elite-level franchise quarterback.

What a bunch of crap. You would have the Bills waste a 2nd round pick on a crappy QB in a crappy QB draft to satisfy a need? what the hell kind of logic is that. The Bills and msot teams didn't see Clausen as a franchise QB. Thus, he got passed down to the 2nd round in a terrible draft for Qbs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a much, much better Qb than Clausen and there is 0 guarantee Clausen will ever be better than Fitz. Unfortunately, some people like yourself jsut see a shining thing and just want it no matter what.

You settle for a scrub like Clausen because "we needed a QB." Personally, I'll take my chances with Luck, Locker, or Mallett all day over Clausen.

And for the record, the Panthers have a top 5 receiver, a pro bowl LT and C, a very good RT, and maybe the best rb duo in the game. Hardly a talentless offense.