Would Nix Trade For a QB ??

T master

Would it make more sense to trade for a proven QB ??

With the situation in Philly i was wondering if the Bills were to put together a package of some sort if they could lure Kolb away from the Eagles with the promise of a starting position ??

Things now are all well & good in Philly , but is Kolb or Vick for all that matters willing to set the bench for another season just to watch the other play ??

A lot of good or proven NFL QB's want to start for a team -- not set on the bench , & may go to a team that would be in the "rebuilding mode" if they could see they were headed in the right direction .

Plus the Bills would be getting some one that they knew could play and has proven that they can in game situations . There would be no waiting & wondering if the high draft pick was going to pan out , & might be able to save a bit of money in the process ??

Well it's just a thought so i put it out there for all to ridicule how ever you see fit .

So have at it !!!

not Kolb, but maybe Vick. Makes sense to me. A "franchise" rookie quarterback would get killed or seriously concussed with this offensive line. If we could get a mobile qb we could concentrated on the defense and o-line in the draft and free agency and maybe begin to actually build a respectable football team.

We have already seen scenarios play out in Philly in the first 6 weeks of the season for Philly not to trade one of their QB's.

With both experiencing injuries already this year, I am confident Andy Reid won't be trading one or the other unless it is for a King's ransom.

Guest dog14787

We have already seen scenarios play out in Philly in the first 6 weeks of the season for Philly not to trade one of their QB's.

With both experiencing injuries already this year, I am confident Andy Reid won't be trading one or the other unless it is for a King's ransom.

Lets offer them a kings ransom, If I'm Russ Brandon I'm all over this like a skunk on SH#@t, instant increase in ticket sales

Edited by dog14787

1st round pick next year for a 31 year old QB? No thanks. Unless the Bills think that a QB is the final piece to the playoff puzzle, maybe, but Ralph even said it himself, we are at least 3 years away from competing.

I wouldn't give a first and would be hesitant about a second. I'd go in hoping for a third with another player (assuming we have another player that Philadelphia might be interested in.)

1st round pick next year for a 31 year old QB? No thanks. Unless the Bills think that a QB is the final piece to the playoff puzzle, maybe, but Ralph even said it himself, we are at least 3 years away from competing.

That's encouraging! Ralph is planning on being around for another 3 years?

Would it make more sense to trade for a proven QB ??

With the situation in Philly i was wondering if the Bills were to put together a package of some sort if they could lure Kolb away from the Eagles with the promise of a starting position ??

Things now are all well & good in Philly , but is Kolb or Vick for all that matters willing to set the bench for another season just to watch the other play ??

A lot of good or proven NFL QB's want to start for a team -- not set on the bench , & may go to a team that would be in the "rebuilding mode" if they could see they were headed in the right direction .

Plus the Bills would be getting some one that they knew could play and has proven that they can in game situations . There would be no waiting & wondering if the high draft pick was going to pan out , & might be able to save a bit of money in the process ??

Well it's just a thought so i put it out there for all to ridicule how ever you see fit .

So have at it !!!

If they were to trade for a QB, Kolb would get killed behind the NFL's worst O-line, and I think Vick is in the last year of his contract. Vick would make more sense if he would sign an extension, since his mobility might inable him to survive the constant pass rush, but if he won't extend, it wouldn't make any sense to trade for him for the rest of the year. But watching Nix at work, he hasn't done anything that has made much sense yet, so who knows. More than likely he would sign someone's garbage off of their practice squad (another Brohm) then expect fans to be happy because he addressed the NFL's worst QB situation.

Edited by billsfreak

Guest dog14787

Isn't that why he signed TO?

Tell me how that worked out.

great for sales, and the thing about it is, how have our draft picks worked out over the last 8 years?

The last time we had a decent offensive ranking (9th) the big arm of Drew Bledsoe was QB for the Buffalo Bills, and it was 8 years ago, (Offense 25th or worse in rankings since)

Edited by dog14787