PITTSBURGH WILL NOT REST ITS STARTERS

taterhill

Who do you see beating them? The Jets at home? The Giants away? The Ravens at home? I don't, especially if they get Burress back soon. However they probably won't rest their starters because there's a good chance the Pats won't lose another game, although the Bengals home game and the Jets away game are possible losses.

i think the Steelers are a solid team. Great defense. Very good offense. They have a solid balance between pass/rush.

But look at their schedule. Other than beating the Eagles and Patriots....and granted they are the best teams right now....the other games they won were not against great teams. And the loss they had was against the Ravens who have a mediocre offense at best and a solid defense. (sounds like the Buffalo Bills).

i think the Steelers are a solid team.  Great defense.  Very good offense.  They have a solid balance between pass/rush. 

But look at their schedule.  Other than beating the Eagles and Patriots....and granted they are the best teams right now....the other games they won were not against great teams.  And the loss they had was against the Ravens who have a mediocre offense at best and a solid defense.  (sounds like the Buffalo Bills)

That game was the first game of the season, and with Maddox starting.

...it will be a tall order for the Bills to win that one. The Steeler defense is very good--they swarm to the ball. And the Bills had better pick up the blitz or Bledsoe will be on his back a lot. Farrior is having a Pro Bowl season and Mr. Hair (Polumalu) isn't bad, either. The guy on the line that has to be neutralized is also one of my alltime favorite names: Kimo von Oelhoffen.

Big Ben's play has been well-documented, and frankly, the Bus has run like the Bus of old. But those Steeler wideouts are all playmakers--Ward, Plexiglas and especially Randle-El. A dangerous trio.

Regardless of whether the Bills have something to play for 1/2, that will be a toughie.

Guest Guest_Bills 12_*

Why would you want them to rest thier starters anyway?

You want to beat them with thier best, that way there are NO EXCUSES for them!

You don't want hte p&%$Y way out.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Who ever said the Steelers would be resting their starters. Highly unlikely unless they lay an egg the next three weeks. They will have plenty to play for and will most likely need the game.

As well as Big Ben has been playing this year, I think the inexperience of the rookie qb will eventually be Pittsburghs downfall in the play-offs.

The Steelers will probably have to win out for home field advantage. I don't think they'll be able to win if they have to go to Foxboro, but you never know. Since this will be a race to the wire for home field, I don't think they'll be resting starters either. They'll need that game.

chances are that the Steelers will lose one more game before January 2nd...San Diego and Indy are right on their arse....top 2 seeds get a bye....enough of this nonsense

151489[/snapback]

That is correct - I pointed this out yesterday.

The Steelers will not be taking off the last game. Since they own the tiebreaker over NE, one of the following needs to happen:

1) Pittsburgh enters the final weekend with a 1-game lead

2) NE enters the final weekend with a 2-game lead

Both are unlikely. They will either be tied, or NE will have a 1-game lead. Pittsburgh will come to play, although I still think we can beat 'em.

I think it comes down to the Pats/Jets game. If the Jets win, Pittsburgh could wrap it up in week 16, and that scenario is reasonable.

The Jets game could be a tall order for the Pats - short week for them after playing Miami down there on Monday night. Two consecutive division road games is nothing to sneeze at.

I think for the next three weeks - the closest game spread wise will be the Pats/Jets game. I'd predict something like this:

Pittsburgh -5.5 Jets

Pittsburgh - 8 @ NYG

Pittsburgh - 7 Baltimore

New England - 11 Cincinnati

New England - 10 @ Miami

New Engalnd - 3 @ NY Jets

Even if the Steelers have home field all locked up they will not rest their starters. They'll have a bye the first week of the playoffs and no coach is going to have his starters miss two staight weeks before a big playoff game. That's the recipe for a stale team. They'll play, and play the entire game unless it's a blowout one way or the other.

I think it comes down to the Pats/Jets game. If the Jets win, Pittsburgh could wrap it up in week 16, and that scenario is reasonable.

The Jets game could be a tall order for the Pats - short week for them after playing Miami down there on Monday night. Two consecutive division road games is nothing to sneeze at.

I think for the next three weeks - the closest game spread wise will be the Pats/Jets game. I'd predict something like this:

Pittsburgh -5.5 Jets

Pittsburgh - 8 @ NYG

Pittsburgh - 7 Baltimore

New England - 11 Cincinnati

New England - 10 @ Miami

New Engalnd - 3 @ NY Jets

151935[/snapback]

Fair enough...I can't quibble too much w/ those estimates.

@Jets is the hardest game for either team. However, the Steelers at least have a chance to lose to the Jets & Ravens. There is no chance of NE losing to Cincy or Miami. Plus, the Patriots never ever take a game off, so the normal "letdown after a short week" theory does not apply to them like it does to every other team.