Bills Scouting the Miss St. LT

Thoner7

Nothing special here, but I flipped to the Miss St/Fl game to check out their T Sherrod, and while I was watching the one announcer said he was talking to a Bills scout who was their to watch Sherrod. At least they knwo their OL sucks. The bad news is if this Sherrod guy ends up playing LT for us I will be very unhappy. He stunk when I was watching. Much worse than Love and Carimi who I also saw today.

Nothing special here, but I flipped to the Miss St/Fl game to check out their T Sherrod, and while I was watching the one announcer said he was talking to a Bills scout who was their to watch Sherrod. At least they knwo their OL sucks. The bad news is if this Sherrod guy ends up playing LT for us I will be very unhappy. He stunk when I was watching. Much worse than Love and Carimi who I also saw today.

Hey, at least you weren't watching the OSU/Wisconsin game and the announcers talking about the Bills and Pryor.

I actually heard the same thing while watching the game though. My guess would be that the Bills scouts happened to be in town doing some scouting while the TV crew was there at the same time. Sherrod is a decent LT but I highly doubt he goes in the top 5-8, likely where the Bills will be picking. The way it looks, they will be picking in the top 3 and, unless they trade out, they will be taking a QB.

I also like Gabe Carimi better and hope we can get him - his stock likely went way up tonite. Like you said though, at least the Bills know they have o-line needs. At least they're doing their jobs. I'm sure they're scouting all the top-ranked OTs - at least I hope so.

BTW - just took a quick look and, sure enough, knocking off the the #1 Buckeyes 38-18 sent Carimi to the top of the charts...

link

I also like Gabe Carimi better and hope we can get him - his stock likely went way up tonite. Like you said though, at least the Bills know they have o-line needs. At least they're doing their jobs. I'm sure they're scouting all the top-ranked OTs - at least I hope so.

BTW - just took a quick look and, sure enough, knocking off the the #1 Buckeyes 38-18 sent Carimi to the top of the charts...

link

Carimi was the best I saw today easily. He handled Heyward all day and has great size. That said I dont think he is better Okung/Bulaga from last year. Now, my OL expectations are higher than anyone elses, so I would love Carimi at RT, but he is more likely a LT on our team unless we can upgrade our LT position also. Carimi could be a stud of a RT though.

Love reminded me of Anthony Davis. I never liked Anthony Davis. But as a 2nd or third rounder he could also be a good RT or G for us. The one guy no one has really talked about is James Carpenter for Alabama. I really like him and how mean he is. I looked him up on line and all the sites have him as a G prospect. I'm not sure what determines that, but this guy is a monster G in the making.

- I feel like a broken record bc I say this every year. But if we could add 2-3 Ol early in this draft I would be pumped. I dont see anyone worth our #1, but our 2, 3, and 4 or hopefully trade up for another 2 or 3 could solidify our OL for the foreseeable future.

I don't see the Bills (or anyone else) picking a guy in the top eight who they think is an RT. That's too high for an RT. If they don't think the guy can play LT, I see them waiting till the second or later to pick someone up.

Let's hope there's a QB or pass rushing OLB or LT worth a top three pick. I'd hate to get such a high pick and have to use it on a lower-level need.