All Aboard! Cam Newton bandwagon....i'm in

DUFF

I honestly never heard of this guy until about 2 weeks ago when someone on this board mentioned him. I was actually watching the arkansas auburn game to check out one of our future 2011 qbs (mallett), but ended up being much more impressed with cam newton. Im usually not into scrambling qbs, but let's face it...we need it, plus the guy can throw just as well as run.

he's just as tall as mallett (6'6") but bigger and much faster. he's like a mike vick on the field, and mother theresea off the field.

any thoughts?

P.S i missed the stanford game....do we still like Luck????

I honestly never heard of this guy until about 2 weeks ago when someone on this board mentioned him. I was actually watching the arkansas auburn game to check out one of our future 2011 qbs (mallett), but ended up being much more impressed with cam newton. Im usually not into scrambling qbs, but let's face it...we need it, plus the guy can throw just as well as run.

he's just as tall as mallett (6'6") but bigger and much faster. he's like a mike vick on the field, and mother theresea off the field.

any thoughts?

P.S i missed the stanford game....do we still like Luck????

Nah - he shot his load in the first 6 games, then didn't do **** this week - and Mallett got a concussion and left in the second quarter, dude's obviously a total bust too.

So Newton's the new 'flavor of the week', eh? 'Mother Theresa'?? Seriously??? :rolleyes:

He may well be the best college player I've seen this year. He reminds me a great deal of Tim Tebow. I'm not so sure how well he'd translate to the pros coming from that offense, but he's a great collegiate player, no doubt about it.

Edited by Brandon

last draft popular opinion said this was supposed to be the draft class with the best qbs...

I honestly can't think of one qb right now that would demand a first round pick (i know luck and mallett, but they both have sucked at times and reek of potential bust). at least last year bradford was pretty much a "lock" at being the #1 selected qb.

maybe they are all playing bad on purpose because the are afraid buffalo will draft them!! :bag:

any reason????

Yeah, because we want a pro quarterback, not a great college PLAYER. He had 191 rushing. 150 passing. I want a guy that can throw, not a RB playing QB. Newton is a great college football player. Let some other team worry about how they will work him into their lineup.

We need a pro style QB. Can't afford to guess on if a guy that runs more than passes can be effective in the NFL. Simple as that. He is a great player to watch though.........in college.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Great college player, but I dont see it transferring to the pro level where everyone is bigger and faster. The Bills need a real QB how can slide in the pocket and throw it around. Still going with Mallett or Luck here. But Newton did put on a Heisman showcase today, for sure.