Fire Back Anyone?

plenzmd1

So been meaning to get one of these things for a few years now, finally bought one Thursday. Now had two fires with this thing in the back of the fireplace, and I would say I am getting at least a 30% improvement in the heat coming out of the fireplace. Now, I have an outside fireplace on a covered porch, so may be different inside. But highly suggest for folks who build a lot of fires and want to increase the heat output to the room.

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Firebacks/Pineapple-Fireback

Also, found this same fireback at Offenbachers in VA for $110, so shop a bit if you want to but one

BTW,grilling steaks over the fire tonight...man is that good.Highly recommend the outdoor room!!!!!

That's a great solution to obtain more heat from an existing fireplace.

Related FYI: If you are building a house or adding a fireplace, consider a Rumford fireplace. This design will result in less heat leaving the room than the more standard-type fireplaces. When we built our house, the old-time mason we hired recommended this design and was pleased that we chose it. A bit more difficult for him but he knew we'd like it better for heat and he was so right. We have one on the first floor and one on the second and it can raise the temp of that room and those adjoining it (doors open of course) considerably. Rumford's will burn efficiently with well-seasoned wood and the subsequent maintenance is fairly easy as all that is left to clean up is ashes.