The Hobbit

/dev/null

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4241119/Jackson-to-direct-The-Hobbit-in-3-D

Just getting this far to start making the movie has proven to be an epic task

Is it just me, or are others immediately putt off by 3-D movies? I know it may not be a just conclusion, but when I see a movie is in 3-D I pretty much assume it will suck.

Is it just me, or are others immediately putt off by 3-D movies? I know it may not be a just conclusion, but when I see a movie is in 3-D I pretty much assume it will suck.

I dont assume it will suck, but I know that I dont want to wear the glasses and have the image be a little blurry, so I dont bother with them. If I have the option, I see the 2D version.

You know when I hear there's going to be a movie out on a big screen I pretty much assume it's going to suck.

You know when I hear there's going to be a movie out on a big screen I pretty much assume it's going to suck.

:lol:

Well you'd be right far more often than you would be wrong.

:lol:

Well you'd be right far more often than you would be wrong.

And that's why I haven't been in a theater in probably five years. I know I've probably missed some decent stuff but think of all the crap and I mean CRAP that I've not subjected myself to.

And that's why I haven't been in a theater in probably five years. I know I've probably missed some decent stuff but think of all the crap and I mean CRAP that I've not subjected myself to.

Chef, it's not like you have to go see EVERY movie that comes out in theatres. Yes there is a lot of crap out there, but there is also some really good stuff out there as well.

I love movies, but I do'nt see everything, because I know there are movies that I want to avoid at all costs.

As for the topic at hand, I could care less about the 3-D treatment and all I can say is: FINALLY!!!!! This project is moving forward.

MGM and all their problems kept delaying the start of filming this movie, which cost Guillermo Del Toro from directing. Oh well, I'm happy that Peter Jackson is back in the director's chair. I hope the studio's will give him some leniency because he does have commitments with other movies as well.

Now, who's going to be the voice of Smaug?! :devil:

Edited by MarkVaderr50

As for the topic at hand, I could care less about the 3-D treatment and all I can say is: FINALLY!!!!! This project is moving forward.

You could care less? So you do care then. How much though? Is it an all encompassing passion? Or only a little? Enquiring minds want to know...

Personally I also do care. 3D to me is a gimmick to try and get people to stop ripping off movies using the internet and to go into cinemas. It might work for a few years (at most) but ultimately it is futile, people will rip off movies and less will be made, or will be made with less budget/talent. I prefer to go to a movie without wearing naff special glasses.

I think it should be somebody like Patrick Stewart, James Earl Jones, or Sean Connery.

But it will probably be some B or C list actor from New Zealand

Leave Kiwis alone. Just because they happen to be the flavour of the month (decade?) does not mean they all are B/C listers. They go all the way to Z you know.

Personally how about Ian McShane as Smaug?

'You @:$%S%^kers want to come into my mo£$%^%^ing mountain and take my gold? I'll £$%^ing slice you open with my $£%£ing talons, you £$%^ing midget $%^&s!'

Now, who's going to be the voice of Smaug?! :devil:

Fran Drescher.

3D for the sake of 3D, yes. This will (hopefully) be a very good Peter Jackson movie, in 3D.

I can see it now, you two are sitting on the porch rocking chairs yelling at the kids to get off the lawn.

and I'm the one who set up the Laney 1,200 watt PA system so when they yell, those little bastard's heads explode like ripe melons.

Oh yeah, I've also got When the Levee Breaks playing at +10 while I take a dump on a pile of Kanye West CD's.

You could care less? So you do care then. How much though? Is it an all encompassing passion? Or only a little? Enquiring minds want to know...

Personally I also do care. 3D to me is a gimmick to try and get people to stop ripping off movies using the internet and to go into cinemas. It might work for a few years (at most) but ultimately it is futile, people will rip off movies and less will be made, or will be made with less budget/talent. I prefer to go to a movie without wearing naff special glasses.

Leave Kiwis alone. Just because they happen to be the flavour of the month (decade?) does not mean they all are B/C listers. They go all the way to Z you know.

Personally how about Ian McShane as Smaug?

'You @:$%S%^kers want to come into my mo£$%^%^ing mountain and take my gold? I'll £$%^ing slice you open with my $£%£ing talons, you £$%^ing midget $%^&s!'

Ok brit I'll clarify.

I am happy that this movie is finally going to start filming. They(MGM) have wasted so much time putting the greenlight on this film and now the anticipation of seeing it can become a reality.

As for filming it in 3D, that's fine, but I don't think it is a requirement.

Are they going to use 3D for depth and clarity of picture like they did with "Avatar" & "Toy Story 3", or is it going to be used for throwing a bunch of stuff in your face, like "Jackass" & "Saw"?

Either way, I'll be just as happy to see "The Hobbit" in 2D on a giant screen, than in 3D.