Spending our money!

BB27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to the OP there are two issues here. One are the weekend trips back home that don't appear to be every weekend. She normally uses a 12 seater that may or may not be able to make it cross country without refueling. There doesn't appear to be much of an issue with any of this. The other issue has to do with some rather lavish congressional delegations and their "fact finding" trips. These may or may not be a waste of taxpayer money but in all honesty they have been going on for a long time. With all that she could and should be criticized for, this one should be way down the list. Besides, come January she'll be flying commercial again. :):)

Getting back to the OP there are two issues here. One are the weekend trips back home that don't appear to be every weekend. She normally uses a 12 seater that may or may not be able to make it cross country without refueling. There doesn't appear to be much of an issue with any of this. The other issue has to do with some rather lavish congressional delegations and their "fact finding" trips. These may or may not be a waste of taxpayer money but in all honesty they have been going on for a long time. With all that she could and should be criticized for, this one should be way down the list. Besides, come January she'll be flying commercial again. :):)

Very nice of you to recognize this... Since if Republican CongressCritters take over... It will be the exact same way. It will actually be refreshing if the people wanting to take over control of Congress actually come out and say that they will put an end to this kind of travel. Think they will? Of course not.

I don't mind something like this either way... I just hate the whining and crying by the right (or left)... It is like they took a page out of Bush Bad!®... And they are totally a lot quicker on the draw and show absolutely no shame in it.

Very nice of you to recognize this... Since if Republican CongressCritters take over... It will be the exact same way. It will actually be refreshing if the people wanting to take over control of Congress actually come out and say that they will put an end to this kind of travel. Think they will? Of course not.

I don't mind something like this either way... I just hate the whining and crying by the right (or left)... It is like they took a page out of Bush Bad!®... And they are totally a lot quicker on the draw and show absolutely no shame in it.

Say what you want but these politicians need to get away from fancy perks and/or the perception of it. They don't need the plane stocked with Grey Goose when they could be drinking Sky, or better yet bringing their own booze.

When Bush sent people off to war, he quit golfing because he didn't want to leave the impression that he took the war lightly. Obama is on 50+ rounds and is always taking a vacation or hosting party night at the White House. All of this while everything seems to be crashing around us. It's time for us to demand a little frugality in these people's expense accounts and maybe they'll get the idea that the entire government maybe should be run that way.

Say what you want but these politicians need to get away from fancy perks and/or the perception of it. They don't need the plane stocked with Grey Goose when they could be drinking Sky, or better yet bringing their own booze.

When Bush sent people off to war, he quit golfing because he didn't want to leave the impression that he took the war lightly. Obama is on 50+ rounds and is always taking a vacation or hosting party night at the White House. All of this while everything seems to be crashing around us. It's time for us to demand a little frugality in these people's expense accounts and maybe they'll get the idea that the entire government maybe should be run that way.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

While we are on it... Why don't we get a bunch of sheep to mow the lawn at the WHite House. Oh wait, that's not a new idea.

Well, I'll have to give you credit for one thing, you certainly are consistent.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Skyy Vodka is overpriced. I saw where they bottle it in California. It's just 95% grain alcohol from the midwest with colorings and flavorings. The same place makes dozens of cheap vodkas, tequilas, etc.

They get the alcohol brought in tank cars.

Sorry I had to laugh at the post stating that president is basically doing nothing but partying. Didn't think I needed to discuss how dumb that post was. Feel better?

Ironic coming from the guy with a picture of the Pres wearing a pimp hat and smoking a dube as his avatar.

Sorry I had to laugh at the post stating that president is basically doing nothing but partying. Didn't think I needed to discuss how dumb that post was. Feel better?

I'd say the obama is working really hard........

New numbers posted today on the Treasury Department website show the National Debt has increased by more than $3 trillion since President Obama took office.

The National Debt stood at $10.626 trillion the day Mr. Obama was inaugurated. The Bureau of Public Debt reported today that the National Debt had hit an all time high of $13.665 trillion.

The Debt increased $4.9 trillion during President Bush's two terms. The Administration has projected the National Debt will soar in Mr. Obama's fourth year in office to nearly $16.5-trillion in 2012. That's more than 100 percent of the value of the nation's economy and $5.9-trillion above what it was his first day on the job.

Good job obama, keep up the good work.

I'd say the obama is working really hard........

New numbers posted today on the Treasury Department website show the National Debt has increased by more than $3 trillion since President Obama took office.

The National Debt stood at $10.626 trillion the day Mr. Obama was inaugurated. The Bureau of Public Debt reported today that the National Debt had hit an all time high of $13.665 trillion.

The Debt increased $4.9 trillion during President Bush's two terms. The Administration has projected the National Debt will soar in Mr. Obama's fourth year in office to nearly $16.5-trillion in 2012. That's more than 100 percent of the value of the nation's economy and $5.9-trillion above what it was his first day on the job.

Good job obama, keep up the good work.

Yeah, Obama... don't inject money into saving Wall Street or GM or anything... let them all FAIL!!!

Yeah, Obama... don't inject money into saving Wall Street or GM or anything... let them all FAIL!!!

So the Gubmit "injecting" money into the private sector is GOOD.....but when they profit on their own....its BAD and those companies become "evil.".

Nice laaaagic, Barry.

Edited by RkFast

So the Gubmit "injecting" money into the private sector is GOOD.....but when they profit on their own....its BAD and those companies become "evil.".

Nice laaaagic, Barry.

When did he ever say it was bad for a company to profit? He went on with the stimulus plan created by George W. Bush. I think it worked out well in GM's case, Wall Street.... ehhh not great across the board.

When did he ever say it was bad for a company to profit? He went on with the stimulus plan created by George W. Bush. I think it worked out well in GM's case, Wall Street.... ehhh not great across the board.

He didn't say it was bad, but made it sound like they were earning too much and needed to return some.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/blog/show/23446.html