How do you deal with racism at work

The Poojer

I have been a victim of racism. I was looking for a job in texas and was told I couldnt be hired as I was not a "black female"

I was also bused into the city of Buffalo to go to school, when there was a school 1 mile from ny house.

I have been a victim of racism. I was looking for a job in texas and was told I couldnt be hired as I was not a "black female"

I was also bused into the city of Buffalo to go to school, when there was a school 1 mile from ny house.

Me too. I was told no, when I went for a SBA loan because I was not black. (Yes, they really told me that) Also I was passed up for a Mgr position because of quotas. (yes they told me that) Even though I had more experence. Affermitive action at its finest.

Me too. I was told no, when I went for a SBA loan because I was not black. (Yes, they really told me that) Also I was passed up for a Mgr position because of quotas. (yes they told me that) Even though I had more experence. Affermitive action at its finest.

Affirmative action is on its way out, at least as far as race goes. Quotas have been ruled unconstitutional.

Affirmative action is on its way out, at least as far as race goes. Quotas have been ruled unconstitutional.

Don't bet too heavily on that. Every gov't contract is loaded up with endless regulations about how you must advertise, hire, promote and then report on all your #s based on gender, race, veteran status, etc.

Because the only way to achieve a 'colorblind society' is to make sure you categorize every employee by color. :thumbsup:

Don't bet too heavily on that. Every gov't contract is loaded up with endless regulations about how you must advertise, hire, promote and then report on all your #s based on gender, race, veteran status, etc.

Because the only way to achieve a 'colorblind society' is to make sure you categorize every employee by color. :thumbsup:

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I really !@#$ing hope affirmative action, as far as race goes, is on its way out.

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I really !@#$ing hope affirmative action, as far as race goes, is on its way out.

Not as far as Navy recruiters go. Right now their #1 priority is minority female recruits.