John Elway duped out of $15 million in ponzi scheme

Steely Dan

It sucks to be him. Now he knows how the REST of the population feels after our retirement and savings accounts went under. Too bad, but I'm not crying about him losing 15 mil, when I lost my entire savings to a bank guaranteed by the US f'ing government.

How can you lose your savings in a government guaranteed bank?

Looks like he's only out $3mil.

I'm sure Elway's got the money to lose, but even so....getting screwed out of any amount of money sucks. I think it would be similar to one of us getting screwed out of 50 or 100 dollars. Sure, it's not the end of the world, but it's not something you're going to forget. Not feeling sorry for him though...

How can you lose your savings in a government guaranteed bank?

The FDIC insures upto 250k per depositor per bank. And I believe transaction accounts (non-interest bearing) are fully insured right now. So am not sure how one could lose their entire savings either.

Edited by prissythecat

The FDIC insures upto 250k per depositor per bank. And I believe transaction accounts (non-interest bearing) are fully insured right now. So am not sure how one could lose their entire savings either.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too.

you can get around the 250k limit as well so you dont have to split money between different banks...so i dont know how this guy lost his cash

Maybe the teller dropped it and it rolled under the vending machine.

you can get around the 250k limit as well so you dont have to split money between different banks...so i dont know how this guy lost his cash

In general the financially controlled media spin machine with all of its talk about death taxes and the like gace a lot of folks convinced that the guvmint is gonna take all your money in taxes and the rest when you die when actually the system is set up so that with only a modicum of knowledge and not heavy lifting by lawyers one can fairly easily avoid losing all your money if your bank goes elfoldo or even when you die you have to be a fool not to arrange your estate so that you controlled how it is divided evem though you are dead.

Such is the case with the Bills and Mr. Ralph.

If he chooses to arrange things to meet his desires from beyond the grave there are several different methods he can chose between for giving his heirs big bucks, giving Buffalo fans a team to root for (if he wishes), builds whatever legacy he chooses, leaves control of the team with whom ever he dictates etc,

While Mr. Ralph has clearly shown that he has little clue as to how to build a good football team (as shown by our 0 for a decade playoff less streak) no one can mistake Ralph for not being a financial wizard.

Unless he so dictates there is no way this team will simply go too the highest bidder.

It sucks to be him. Now he knows how the REST of the population feels after our retirement and savings accounts went under. Too bad, but I'm not crying about him losing 15 mil, when I lost my entire savings to a bank guaranteed by the US f'ing government.

I'm certain this is just a lie.

What he probably meant is that he lost a good portion of his poorly allocated retirement investments when the market went south, which correlated closely with the time of his retirement.

Bummer, for sure, but let's not let factual information be a burden here.