Getting the wrong people off the bus

There is a motivational book related more to business than sports that notes that it is more important in any business setting when going through change to get the wrong people off the bus before you worry about getting the right people on it. In the Parcells way of accomplishing this, it is during the summer or before at otas. For our team, we appear a little slow on the take which is ok I guess because I don't think that there is anyone at one bills drive who thought it was going to be this tough. Which leads me to Maybin.

The Bills defense is ranked last or almost last in every defensive category. There is very rarely pressure on the qb and when we send someone in, our lbs aren't good enough to cover one-on-one. It seems hard to believe but with all of that being said, Maybin "is having a tough time getting on the field". If he can't get on the field now, will he ever. He can't play against the run, he can't rush the passer, and he can't cover, but he is also ineffective on special teams.

What I am trying to do as a fan is pretend that he is a seventh round pick and not a first rounder who held out and has some guaranteed money in his contract and that Orakpo, Matthews, and Cushing aren't really that good, or that our division two lb along with our undrafted fa aren't really that much better. That is not reality. Maybin is just a terrible NFL football player and unless he starts taking some illegal steroids he always will be.

I am not a 'cut for cut sake' guy. Cutting Walker and Crowell were bad ego-driven moves which hurt the team. If you can find someone off a practice squad somewhere, he has to go.