The McRib is back!

Just Jack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html?ref=carousel

I have met the original burger lady. The one who travels around and talks about how bad McDonalds is and how they are killing us. I was unimpressed to put it as mildly as I can. Did I mention I hate McDonalds? Well, except for their french fries and their sausage gravy.

Flippin eh, I read this post last night and this morning. I could not stop thinking about how gross McDonalds is. I drove by it for the 5th time today and had to stop...no McRib, just cannot find myself to want to try it.

And, no, I did not try the Angus burger. Any one of you who think there is a difference in the quality of beef that an Angus has that any other commercial beef cow has is mistaken! If you were using top cuts to produce burger you might notice a difference but upon cooking it all differences would be lost. While angus fed on processed is better marbled than most other breeds fed on processed feed it does not pass down to taste between the two. Now, grassfed beef is entirely different. Grassfed beef in the US, Charolais is king. Charolais grass fed beef is leaner and healthier than chicken. I will find the article on the study if anyone would like.

Does Big Daddy's buy from you? There's one down the block from me. You can definitely tell the difference between grass fed and what we normally get at 5 Guys.

• 11 months later...

I've never eaten one. Are they any good? BTW, Burger King is WAAAAAY better than Micky D's (Except for Micky D's Premium Chicken Sandwhiches. I love those things. And their fires of course.)

I honestly can't think of single reason to ever go to McDonalds again. I enjoy a burger from Wendy's from time to time, or maybe some Taco Bell, but McDonalds quality control started dropping drastically several years ago to the point where I have absolutely no desire to return.

I honestly can't think of single reason to ever go to McDonalds again. I enjoy a burger from Wendy's from time to time, or maybe some Taco Bell, but McDonalds quality control started dropping drastically several years ago to the point where I have absolutely no desire to return.

I hate everything about Wendy's except the Frosties. I hate the burgers, I hate the buildings, I hate the Fries, I hate the chicken sandwiches, I hate the commercials and I hate the product placement in "Zoom" (One of the worst films I have ever seen)

Or maybe you just have gotten older and realized the food really is just crap.

Or maybe you just have gotten older and realized the food really is just crap.

Very possible! I just remember how excited I used to get when I was a kid and we'd hit MickeyD's...my buddy and I used to get 8 cheeseburgers each after a track meet for the bus ride home and see who could put 'em down faster. But now, even when I'm hungry as hell, McDonalds is completely unpalatable.

I don't remember if Steak 'n Shake is back up north, but that's about the best fast food burger I can find down here...delicious

• 2 weeks later...

After all the hype over the years, I had my first McRib last week. It will also be my last McRib. :sick:

As far as fast food goes, Wendy's and Chick-fil-a are the general winners, imo. With 5 Guys and Steak 'n Shake topping the list for burgers.

Edited by DrDareustein

After all the hype over the years, I had my first McRib last week. It will also be my last McRib. :sick:

As far as fast food goes, Wendy's and Chick-fil-a are the general winners, imo. With 5 Guys and Stake 'n Shake topping the list for burgers.

I am with you there, and being on the road I eat more McDonalds than I like to admit, prolly at least twice a month, and don't hate it going in..But this thing was awful

As far as fast food goes, Wendy's and Chick-fil-a are the general winners, imo. With 5 Guys and Steak 'n Shake topping the list for burgers.

I've gotta try 5 Guys one of these days. There aren't any out in B.F.E. so it will require a road trip..

God bless you, Beerball. Since that chicken nugget information was posted on here a while back, I've not partaken in a single piece of processed chicken. Not that I have a strong desire for McRibs, but this will ensure I'm never tempted again :)

Now if you can come up with some "inside info" for about fifteen or so other fast food items, my diet will be much improved!

I'm PRETTY sure it's a chain....not positive...but if you get the chance to eat at Bobby's Burgers, you'll be glad you did. One of the best bacon cheeseburgers I've ever had.

I agree about Wendys and sTeak and Shake...and although I'm not as big of a chick fil a fan as others are, I had their tenders for the first time the other day and WOW, I could barely finish an order of them. Those are the best tenders I've ever had...and with the Polynesian sauce they are extra tasty :)

I'm PRETTY sure it's a chain....not positive...but if you get the chance to eat at Bobby's Burgers, you'll be glad you did. One of the best bacon cheeseburgers I've ever had.

Are you talking about Bobby's Burgers Palace ("BBP") or Cheeseburger Bobby's ("CBB")?

BBP is Bobby Flays burger chain, and CBB is a burger chain in the ATL area. I had burger from CBB about 6 weeks ago. It was decent, a bit overpriced. Reminded me of Fuddrucker's.

I agree about Wendys and sTeak and Shake...and although I'm not as big of a chick fil a fan as others are, I had their tenders for the first time the other day and WOW, I could barely finish an order of them. Those are the best tenders I've ever had...and with the Polynesian sauce they are extra tasty :)

Not a big fan of Chik-Fil-A. The chicken is so-so, and that pretty much describes the entire menu.

Definitely would rather go to Steak 'n Shake.