Any one ever have to replace a birth certificate?

In all seriousness JiA... You don't know where you were born? The name of the hospital? I know my father was born at home... But, you are only a few years older than me... Almost everyone from that era on was born in a hospital... ?? I know I was born at Sister's Hospital, in BFLO... That puts me my records in Erie County... When I moved away, my parents gave me the birth certificate (official with seal). Like someone said, you may have to go to the county seat in person. My children were born right across the border in Indiana... We just go to Crown Point, pay 5 bucks and get a sealed copy. Can't be too different in New York.

I there anybody (in your family) you can ask what hospital? Then go from there.

What about when you applied for a marriage license... Didn't they ask for a BC?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

In all seriousness JiA... You don't know where you were born? The name of the hospital? I know my father was born at home... But, you are only a few years older than me... Almost everyone from that era on was born in a hospital... ?? I know I was born at Sister's Hospital, in BFLO... That puts me my records in Erie County... When I moved away, my parents gave me the birth certificate (official with seal). Like someone said, you may have to go to the county seat in person. My children were born right across the border in Indiana... We just go to Crown Point, pay 5 bucks and get a sealed copy. Can't be too different in New York.

I there anybody (in your family) you can ask what hospital? Then go from there.

What about when you applied for a marriage license... Didn't they ask for a BC?

For all I know the hospital I was born in burned to the ground 5 minutes after I left. If you would read the post, we moved to California when I was 9 months old.Its not like for years my mom would point out the hospital I was born in.

For all I know the hospital I was born in burned to the ground 5 minutes after I left. If you would read the post, we moved to California when I was 9 months old.Its not like for years my mom would point out the hospital I was born in.

:oops:

Oh... I am sorry. I know I am strange... I just always knew the hospital that I was born in... It would just get re-enforced in conversation I guess. I suppose it would be the same if we moved. I can ask my children and they would say: Munster Community. Again... I am sorry if this appears strange.

get your plane ticket to NY ready. I dont know all of the rules and maybe you can get them to send it to you, but my friend just replaced his and had to do it back home in Buffalo. Kinda cool thing is, they aren't paper certificates anymore. It's a plastic card that resembles a driver's license now.

Good luck!

Really? I got mine replaced by filling out a form online. Really simple.

This website is the way to do it. I had to get one about 8 years ago for a passport, and I used this same website. They send you a certified stamped copy (I got 3 so I wouldn't have to do this again.).

Definately an easy way, and you DO NOT have to travel back to NY to get a copy of your birth certificate.

Where you going that you need a passport? Someplace fun I hope (jealous here).

No place that exciting, just Dawson city Yukon Canada. Legal gambling,[i LOVE poker] just over the border and a cool drive.

I still find it hard to belive I need a passport to get into Canada, but such are the times.

its simple just fill out the app and send it to where you think you were born there.....either the city or one of the burroughs, you don't have to have all the information.

We do it all the time in my business and you'd be surprised the lack of info we send and get birth certificates.....many from NYC too