I challenge the board...

Alphadawg7

I challenge the board to find one play, one lousy play, since Lee Evans has been a Buffalo Bill where the HC, OC, or QB called a play where he was required to run over the middle and he said no. Seriously, this might be the most annoying thing I ever see on this board. If you dont like Lee or want to trade Lee, then fine...but to claim he "refuses" to run over the middle is so stupid that it has to finally be addressed.

You do realize this isnt baseball right? You dont get to waive off routes like a pitcher waives off a pitch selection from your catcher. You also realize that Lee doesnt call any plays right? You also realize that the OC, HC, and QB are the only one ever calling those plays right? So in what imaginary universe is Lee Evans "refusing" to run over the middle?

If you find one single play, just one, then I will concede you are right and will never mention it again. In fact, I will allow you to create my signature which I will keep for the remainder of the 2010 season. Other wise, just shut up about it already...

The challenge has been offered...I feel pretty confident in my odds here...

PS: For all you ranters about trading Lee Evans, can you at least get his salary right if you are going to cry about his salary. He is making $7.03 million this year, not $9 million. And if you are going to cry about his salary then I will expect to not see you in other threads calling Ralph cheap or that he isnt willing to pay his players because the two completely contradict the other...

Lee is worth the dough. I can imagine how frustrating it has been for him for years to have garbage QBs attempting to throw to him.(At least w/ JP and Bledsoe he could catch SOME balls that were actually accurately thrown with some manly zip on them).-Trade Lee??-well it would go along with the Bills' policy of trading their best players.-Maybe we should get rid of Kyle Williams , some of our DBs,Fred Jackson,and Moorman while we are at it.Would dovetail nicely with the Kelsay extension.

I challenge you to show us one play, just one play, where Lee Evans has gone over the middle and caught a pass more than 5 yards down field while he has been a member of the Bills?

I also challenge you to find one play that has not been a go route where he has made a guy miss and broke away for a large gain.

I feel pretty confident that you will not find one. Not saying lee is not a good WR, it just does not seem that he is too enthusiastic about contact and making plays over the middle.

The little slant pass last week that Evans caught, was the first time I have seem him do that in about 3 seasons.

What are you talking about? There are numerous examples of what you are challenging me to find. And if I find one, I expect you to own up to the challenge and let me edit your signature to remain for the entire 2010 season as I have offered to do in my challenge (of course, we both know you wont do this as you and I know your challenge is just a whiny BS rant to try and act like what you are saying is true when we both know its not).

Case in point #1: He took a slant to the house last year right when Fitzpatrick took over from Trent. I only sight that one as its clearly a play you will remember as it was a long TD.

But then again, discussing this with someone so irrational as to make a claim he has never run a slant, or made a player miss, or even done anything like that in 3 years is probably as pointless as your statement...so I will stop this disucsssion with you here...

PS: Your post contradicts itself as at the beginning you claim he never has in his career with the Bills then end the post with saying its the first time you have seen it in 3 years...I am prety sure Lee has been with the Bills longer than 3 years. Even more interesting is that the 3 years you referenced are the same three years that Trent Edwards and his pussification of this offense reigned supreme...in other words you cant catch what isnt thrown to you...

I can only think he's not good across the middle. Why else wouldnt he be sent over the middle on occassion? Andre went across the middle all the time but also went deep and was effective there too. I was a WR in HS and college and all I did was go across the middle. But I was no deep threat I didnt have the speed. The middle was what I did best. There is definitely a mindset you have to have to do it (or in my case mental deficiency) maybe Lee doesn't have it? I dont know but can't imagine him flat out refusing to run those routes....

If there is room in the middle of he field the receiver goes there! If not then you are out of football! :flirt:

I think that's how it should be, APV.

I'm not so sure that's how it's been on the Bills last few years.

By bigger do you mean actual size, or performance?

My mind is taking that comment to soooooooo many different levels. :devil:

You've been reading too many of those Favre/Jets articles