Fitz' Production

NixFan

Fitz has been playing like a really good backup.

QB is not our biggest weakness right now.

But Fitz obviously isn't the answer.

His stat-line reads really well, but it heavily back loaded during "garbage time."

vs. JAX

Under 3 minutes to play:

5/6 for 66 yards, 1 TD

vs. NYJ, down 38-7 in the 4th

4 of 6 for 51 yards, 1 TD

vs. NE, down 38-23 later in the 4th

4 of 5 for 70 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

For a total of:

13/17 (76.5%) for 187 yards (11.0 ypa), 3 TD and 1 INT

You also have to realize that these teams are all playing in the prevent defense at this point in the game, not to give up the huge play(s).

So without garbage time, Fitz is:

39/68 (57.4%) for 408 yards (6.0 ypa), 4 TD and 1 INT

--------------------------------

With that being said, I am behind Fitz right now still...not our biggest problem, but still - inflated stats.

He's ok, he's not the answer. And w/ such a high pick if there is one we'll take one. Ralph says it's a priority...we're highly likely to get a qb this off season. Brohm should take 2 weeks and prepare for a start see if he's worth keeping on hand...I was against this for a while but this game was enough. Brohm time.

Fitz is not great, but he's the best we've had since Blue Dredslow left town with the possible exception of Kelly Holcombe. Get off the guys case. He's much improved over last season. Even if you take out the "garbage time" he's got 4 TDs against 1 pick in 3 games. He's not throwing picks. He's not getting sacked very much. He makes his ugly throws, but every QB makes some ugly throws.

As far as Brohm goes, be patient. He'll get in. Let Fitz run with it for a while longer. Brohm will get his chance.

One thing about Fitz, when he gets the chance for a TD he gets the ball in there. He even threw 2 in a row because the receiver dropped the first one.

In Brohm's start against and Atlanta and the 2 preseason games he had 5 or 6 opportunities and didn't connect on one. That's what concerns me. Nice touch on the ball is nice, but TD passes are better. Plus, he's not nearly as mobile as Fitz. He'll get killed back there and sacked a lot.

Be patient. He WILL get in.

His stat-line reads really well, but it heavily back loaded during "garbage time."

vs. JAX

Under 3 minutes to play:

5/6 for 66 yards, 1 TD

For a total of:

You also have to realize that these teams are all playing in the prevent defense at this point in the game, not to give up the huge play(s).

With that being said, I am behind Fitz right now still...not our biggest problem, but still - inflated stats.

Nice of you to make a point that is already so very understood by most. Fitz is not the guy that we lead this or virtually any team to the SB. What he has been though, is the most productive player we had the past three games. A top QB is always a high priority, but what this team has shown so painfully to date is that the talent cupboard is bare, To this extent, we owe a great debt of outrage to Modrak, Levy, and Jauron. Blame Wilson, but these three "geniuses" were the de facto destroyers of the current Bills.

Fitz at least tries to make things happen. If a receiver is getting open, even if the pass bounces at their feet, they at least know the QB was throwing the ball to them. That receiver will try to get open again, because the next pass may be better. Not throwing to receivers will cause them to not even bother.

I'm on the evaluation page. Fitz is a known quantity. He at least attempts certain passes that TE didn't. See what you can do with the rest of the offense, and then ease Brohm in later this year.

Plus, sign Fitz for a couple more years as a #2. He understands the game.

Edited by ConradDobler

vs. JAX

Under 3 minutes to play:

5/6 for 66 yards, 1 TD

For a total of:

This is a very good point! Thanks for taking the time to compile those stats. I didn't realize how much of Fitz's success (including 3/7 of the TDs over the last three weeks) was based on garbage time.