Okay nerds, looks like my Yahoo account might have been hacked

Just Jack

I'm suddenly getting Failure Notices on emails it says I sent out that are addresses in my address book that I haven't deleted yet. The link in the emails is a Canadian Pharmacy site. I went ahead and changed my password, ran scans with Malwarebyte anti-malware and Avast!, nothing was found. Anything else I should do and/or check?

I'm suddenly getting Failure Notices on emails it says I sent out that are addresses in my address book that I haven't deleted yet. The link in the emails is a Canadian Pharmacy site. I went ahead and changed my password, ran scans with Malwarebyte anti-malware and Avast!, nothing was found. Anything else I should do and/or check?

My mom has this happen...a lot. She visits every site she can find, from bluemountain greeting cards, to anything else. My dad uses the same computer but uses hotmail...which is the worst, and yahoo with no problems. It might be sites you're going to the passwords you're using. All I know is that she changes her password and it's fixed. The last time it was fixed for well over 6 mos. Plus, my dad not having any issues lets me know it is not a system thing.

I wanted to delete it, but i cant.

Edited by b stein 22

Does this mean you do not recommend "Hammerschlong" the male enhancement pill offered in the email I received from you? Damn, now I have to cancel the order.

I had this happen today to my Hotmail account. It is my throwaway account and had a super easy password. My Gmail and Yahoo accounts are fine.

I had to use my next higher up level password format which revolves around 6 numbers and 8 letters of different cases.

My most complicated password is 64+ characters, numbers and letters of different casesused to lock my external drive. I think I only have 2 things on there and it is 1TB.