Most Important Thing This Season

It is actually a great thing that this offense is not nearly as bad as the D. Stevie Johnson, Roscoe, Lee Evans, Spiller, Jackson and hopefully Nelson at TE should be ready for next year. Another draft and FA period for the Oline and I think there should be a workable situation for a QB to step into here.

Bills are going nowhere next year either so I think the main focus of this organization is to get this offense as ready made as possible for the QB in 2011. Figure out the Defense the following year.....Everyone knows this is a 2-3 year project as it stands now.

This is why Evans should not be traded...

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

The most important thing for this team is to evaluate the players fully and get rid of the rest of the trash. What floats to the top is skimmed off, and sent packing.

Yes but I really think that they need to concentrate on the offensive side of things and make half the team ready to go when Luck, Mallett or Locker is here....

Defense can usually be turned around quicker than offense. We might be halfway competent with as little a change as hiring a real NFL defensive coordinator. QB and O-line take the longest to develop. Let's focus on them this offseason, and maybe by the time they're any good, we'll have been able to fix the defense.

It is actually a great thing that this offense is not nearly as bad as the D. Stevie Johnson, Roscoe, Lee Evans, Spiller, Jackson and hopefully Nelson at TE should be ready for next year. Another draft and FA period for the Oline and I think there should be a workable situation for a QB to step into here.

Bills are going nowhere next year either so I think the main focus of this organization is to get this offense as ready made as possible for the QB in 2011. Figure out the Defense the following year.....Everyone knows this is a 2-3 year project as it stands now.

You mind explaining how you get an offense ready for a QB...when you don't even know who that QB will be?

You can't...it's impossible. I would be willing to bet a coach would have to design a different offense for Luck, than he would design for Mallett...and Locker would need a totally different offense than those 2.

How do you plan for a player...when you don't know who that player is?

(And yes, Lee Evans SHOULD be traded. The WR doesn't make the QB, the QB makes the WR...and I am sure Parrish, Johnson, Nelson and Easley could be more than serviceable next year IF we get somebody who can play the QB position.)

You mind explaining how you get an offense ready for a QB...when you don't even know who that QB will be?

You can't...it's impossible. I would be willing to bet a coach would have to design a different offense for Luck, than he would design for Mallett...and Locker would need a totally different offense than those 2.

(And yes, Lee Evans SHOULD be traded. The WR doesn't make the QB, the QB makes the WR...and I am sure Parrish, Johnson, Nelson and Easley could be more than serviceable next year IF we get somebody who can play the QB position.)

It's really not that difficult to explain. Have a good offensive line and real players at the skilled positions...then pick your QB

What is this?

See the catch Miles Austin made yesterday. That is what elite WR's do. It's been so long in Buffalo since we have seen that.

Now just think if the Bills had managed to upgrade the LT-RT positions this off season to players that a good at what they do, or even if they had signed all pro RT Jammal Brown for a 3rd and kept Bell at LT. The line would have improved enough to run the ball more effectively they might have beaten the Jags and Pats.

The thing is, you haven't seen the worst yet, as bad as that Jets game was ...the Bills still have to face the Ravens and Steeler's

I agree with the OP... the defense was adressed primarily in this years draft and FA's. Hopefully with a year under their belts guys like troup and carrington will be contributors next season. Develop the OL and see who can emerge as true #2 and #3 receivers. I don't understand why people say get rid of Evans. If you think our OL,WRs and QB look inept now, imagine how it would look without teams having to double cover Lee and stacking another guy in the box. A new qb will take time to develop, so while that is happening we begin to address the defense (who take less time to develop) and become competitive in 2/3 years.