Where the problem lies, No Brainer.

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you draft #1 today in 2011

• QB Andrew Luck, Stanford
    • QB Jake Locker, Washington
    • DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.
    • DE Allen Bailey. Miami
    • OLB LB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

Heyward is the best player on the board, and one the Bills desparately need. A #1 QB wo'nt help the team right away

Which is exactly why the Bills MUST draft a franchise quarterback this year. The Bills are at least 3 years from being competitive, so let's draft the most important player on the team first, and build around him while he develops. Rather than wait on an NFL-caliber quarterback until year 3, and be forced to wait 3 seasons for him to develop. Awesome plan.

Look at this seasons stats for Fitz.

Att 85, Comp 52, Yds 595, Td's 7, Int's 2, Rating 99.9 :worthy:

Now compare are Defenseless stats points surrendered a game 32.2, rush yards a game 182.4, 1 int all year and 6 sacks.

I don't think we need to draft offensive players, but and entire front 7 on defense. :wallbash:

DE Cameron Heyward

DE Allen Bailey

OLB Bruce Carter

If there are teams willing to trade with us, keep trading down and stockpiling draft picks. If we get lucky and play our cards right, we could probably trade our 1st picks in round 1 and round 2 and end up with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. That is HOW YOU BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT! (assuming we don't draft Maybins, McCargo's, Whitners,...!)

If there are teams willing to trade with us, keep trading down and stockpiling draft picks. If we get lucky and play our cards right, we could probably trade our 1st picks in round 1 and round 2 and end up with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. That is HOW YOU BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT! (assuming we don't draft Maybins, McCargo's, Whitners,...!)

Don't forget that you can't win without an elite-level franchise QB. So you'd better take him #1 (since nobody can trade out of the #1 spot anyhow), then start building.

Threads like this are what happen when you stop watching the games and get fooled by stats in the paper...fitz has seen his stats get a big boost with garbage time TDs Including a meaningless TD at the end of the game the last 2 weeks when the game was out of reach. This guys accuracy has been awful too and even his completed throws are inconsistent with several requiring amazing catches by our WRs...many of which almost got our WRs killed...he is not playing nearly as well as you are implying

Wow. A voice of reason. His stats are completely inflated by end of game "padding of the stats." These threads fail to mention how many recievers he missed with his terrible throws.. some of them were just plain awful. Not to mention our third down conversion % is terrible. As an offense we have lots of 3 and outs, which some people just completely forget about

Its funny that someone commented about our D last year stopping offeses more. You do realize on sunday they forced them to kick 5 FG, 4 of which were beyond 40 yds. Scobee was just money. Im not trying to say our defense is anything spectacular. But they are on the field an awful lot. Time of possesion for the bills is terrible. I think we get away from running the ball, and dominating time of possesion. There were a couple series on sunday with 3 straight pass plays. We have a handful of rushing td's this year. That to me is unbelievable. To say the defense is the only problem, to me, just says ur not looking at the whole picture and trying to use stats as a way to feel better about the offense.

I'm not saying to stick with Fitz cause hes the answer. I'm saying that you can still get a quality QB in round 2, and get get a Bruce Smith Type DE in round one.

Jp losman, late first round talent

Trent Edwards, 3rd round talent

Brian Brohm, 2nd round talent

Its been far far too long since the bills took a true 1st round QB. Yea there might be a 2nd rd QB with some talent, but the bills have missed way too many times at QB to pass up a franchise QB if they get the chance to pick one. And as far as trading down, its a lot easier said than done, not to mention Nix has already stated is this past draft he doesnt believe in trading during draft day, what makes u think he will change his mind....

Look at this seasons stats for Fitz.

Att 85, Comp 52, Yds 595, Td's 7, Int's 2, Rating 99.9 :worthy:

Now compare are Defenseless stats points surrendered a game 32.2, rush yards a game 182.4, 1 int all year and 6 sacks.

I don't think we need to draft offensive players, but and entire front 7 on defense. :wallbash:

You make a good case for Fitzy. However, when you have an entire rebuilding job to do like Nix does, you simply cannot pass up drafting a franchise QB when he has the chance. Obviously, it appears that Nix will have the chance to draft one of the top 5 QB's in April '11, and of course he has to do that to have any kind of chance at building the Bills brand new. Not in a draft with so many QB's rated as high as the '11 draft will have.