For all of China's upside

Peace

They still have some serious issues to overcome. At least we're not this level of screwed up.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/08/china.internet/

Beijing, China (CNN) -- With news media across the globe reacting to this year's Nobel Peace Prize announcement, authorities in the winner's homeland are racing to delete his name from all public domains.

Type "Liu Xiaobo" -- or "Nobel Peace Prize," for that matter -- in search engines in China and hit return, you get a blaring error page.

It's the same for the country's increasingly popular micro-blogging sites. "Nobel Prize" was the top-trending topic until the authorities acted to remove all mentions of the award.

Propaganda officials have also pulled the plug on international broadcasters -- including CNN -- whenever stories about Liu air.

Text-messaging on mobile phones is not immune from censors, either. A Shanghai-based netizen, @littley, tweeted his unfortunate experience: "My SIM card just got de-activated, turning my iPhone to an iPod touch after I texted my dad about Liu Xiaobo winning the Nobel Peace Prize."

For most ordinary Chinese, the only glimpse of the story came when an anchor read a short statement from the foreign ministry on state TV, blasting the Norwegian Nobel committee's choice of an imprisoned Chinese dissident for the prize "a blasphemy."

It spoke for itself but I deleted it. No I don't want to discuss. Maybe you'd like to talk about what I just deleted too?

In other words you were talking out of your ass. Everything I say is on point backed up with facts; if you wish to bring up an example of a case where you believe I used hyperbole to make the point that "the sky is falling" then do so, if not, then shut the !@#$ up.... deal?

Guess you built up the Internet tough guy muscles messing with the likes of conner.

Riiiight.... You tried to come up with an unprovoked lame characterization of me, then you thought better of it and erased it. But I saw it, and let's just remember that you're the one who tried me, so back it up, back up your assertion that I invoke unjustifiable examples of "The Sky is Falling" sort of scenarios. I mean you felt inspired enough to try to insult me, so let's hear it....

And in regards to Conner, the way I deal with him is similar to U.S policy with Venezuela, which is to treat him as a negligible annoyance...

Edited by Magox

China is a communist dictatorship. There's little difference between being ruled by the Emperor/Empress or the Chairman. Their population is used to being under the heavy-handed thumb of a dictator. The Chinese have a centuries long tradition of that - just like the Rooskies. So, what's the issue? Their people are being oppressed? Hear the news! Wow, what a shocker.