What's 900,000 jobs anyway

Anyone want to take a shot at what the unemployment numbers will be tomorrow? I read rumblings that they won't be good, but somehow I imagine unemployment will go down 1 point and the WH will hold another press conference saying "I know it's not fast enough, but we're headed in the right direction." <_<

Anyone want to take a shot at what the unemployment numbers will be tomorrow? I read rumblings that they won't be good, but somehow I imagine unemployment will go down 1 point and the WH will hold another press conference saying "I know it's not fast enough, but we're headed in the right direction." <_<

It's impossible to tell. One thing is for sure, the real unemployment rate is continuing to climb because the amount of jobs that have been created isn't keeping up with the population growth. ADP private sectors report on Thursday reported a loss of 39,000 private sector jobs, and you know that state and local government sector has been bleeding jobs, and they will continue to do so for at least the next couple years.

Gallup poll came out with an extremely negative and volatile report:

The latest Gallup poll has national unemployment at 10.1 percent, a shocking number when you consider it’s actually much higher when people who have given up looking for work are accounted for.

Regardless, the sharp increase in the unemployment rate during late September does not bode well for the economy during the fourth quarter, or for holiday sales. In this regard, it is essential that the Federal Reserve and other policymakers not be misled by Friday’s jobs numbers. The jobs picture could be deteriorating more rapidly than the government’s job release suggests.

No worries. It's President BO's Trickle-Up Poverty Plan.

You see, unemployment above 9.5% for 14 straight months equals "We're headed in the right direction."

Now, if we were in Italy, I'd have to make your bunk, but we're not, so you have to make mine. It's in the regulations.

You see, unemployment above 9.5% for 14 straight months equals "We're headed in the right direction."

Now, if we were in Italy, I'd have to make your bunk, but we're not, so you have to make mine. It's in the regulations.

You mean now we gotta bunk up? I thought it was buck up.

Oh yeah, that was LAST week.

All this change is so hard to keep up with.

GE lays of 18,000 US workers after getting $24.9 million in Stimulus Funds.

Despite getting $24.9 million from U.S. taxpayers, GE decreased its U.S.-based employees by 18,000 in 2009, according to the company's 2009 annual report.

What did all the money to GE go for? Recovery.gov posts brief explanations of each grant. For example, the Department of Justice gave GE $999,955 in stimulus money. "The goal of this program," said Recovery.gov, "is to develop a comprehensive reasoning system for event and scenario recognition for an intelligent video system."

Stimulating!

20100323_obama_biden_33.jpg

Despite getting $24.9 million from U.S. taxpayers, GE decreased its U.S.-based employees by 18,000 in 2009, according to the company's 2009 annual report.

What did all the money to GE go for? Recovery.gov posts brief explanations of each grant. For example, the Department of Justice gave GE $999,955 in stimulus money. "The goal of this program," said Recovery.gov, "is to develop a comprehensive reasoning system for event and scenario recognition for an intelligent video system."

Stimulating!

It stimulated my GE shares, B word! Thanks Obama! :thumbsup:

Stimulating!

Actually this is a non sequitur. Laying off 18,000 jobs is a cost cutting measure that many other corporations had to do to remain profitable and competitive. There total revenues is over 100,000 Billion so the fact that they took a miniscule $25M has really nothing to do with the 18,000 layoffs.