[OT] Oh, the horror

Just Jack

:)  Such a horrific loss. I did notice that the tops on these are the normal caps and not the plug type cap that you find on some other types of Grolsch. Still a horrifiying loss!!!

150852[/snapback]

Also notice that the cases are not cardboard, they appear to be solid plastic cases. I believe this picture could be from Europe when you also look at the yellow car in the background.

That's a dubious image. Firstly, beer transported over a distance is in the typical 40- footer, with rear-opening doors. For it to somehow leave the trailer in that more or less symmetrical pattern over a short road footage seems to me like a contrived digital photo.

Most beer truck spills/tipovers occur during local delivery. Because they run local routes and service this or that tavern - some get large deliveries, some a few cases, with a mind towards optimizing distances, they often end up with very unbalanced loads.

150898[/snapback]

I thought it might be taken in Europe, where it's not unusual to see beer and most anything shipped on a flatbed. Check out a German roadcrew sometime. When they pull up to the worksite, the first thing off the truck is several cases of beer.

That's a dubious image. Firstly, beer transported over a distance is in the typical 40- footer, with rear-opening doors. For it to somehow leave the trailer in that more or less symmetrical pattern over a short road footage seems to me like a contrived digital photo.

Most beer truck spills/tipovers occur during local delivery. Because they run local routes and service this or that tavern - some get large deliveries, some a few cases, with a mind towards optimizing distances, they often end up with very unbalanced loads.

150898[/snapback]

Most delivery trucks consist of side opening bays with roll up doors. The floors are slanted slightly inward to keep the load from shifting and pinning or causing stress to the door. While most delivery trucks have double or triple axels, in heavy markets there are some trailers modified to fit the same format. The tragedy in the photo could be consistent with a high speed rollover :) , but as pointed out the picture appears to be European in nature. They obviously don't value their beer as highly as us :) and did not take the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. OSHA will be pissed. A true blue collar, clock punching, American (or Canadian) long hauler would never Rosen a beer truck.

"It's just a ten speed, that's five speed times two."

"I'm not gonna Rosen this....this is a beer truck!"

150898[/snapback]

I'm guessing it was taken in Europe somewhere considering the bottles were being shipped individually in plastic cases.

A very sad day for Beer Drinkers everywhere!!

Most delivery trucks consist of side opening bays with roll up doors. The floors are slanted slightly inward to keep the load from shifting and pinning or causing stress to the door. While most delivery trucks have double or triple axels, in heavy markets there are some trailers modified to fit the same format. The tragedy in the photo could be consistent with a high speed rollover  ;) , but as pointed out the picture appears to be European in nature. They obviously don't value their beer as highly as us  :) and did not take the necessary precautions to ensure their safety. OSHA will be pissed. A true blue collar, clock punching, American (or Canadian) long hauler would never Rosen a beer truck.

"It's just a ten speed, that's five speed times two."

"I'm not gonna Rosen this....this is a beer truck!"

150927[/snapback]

Yes, but the dispatcher gets his marching orders from the sales force, and said dispatcher is obligated to reduce time on the road with the attendant cost. So the deliveries are executed, and load distribution is not what the distributor is concerned about. One stop gets 40 cases, from the right side, the next gets 4 from the right side, the next gets 10 from the left front roll-up and so forth.

Downtown Cincy's highways are tight and curvy, and every month or so a beer truck spills the goods. The distribution of load as the contributor to the wreck is well-established. Not that it's going to be changed. Beer business depends on timely delivery. Fine with me... :)

Allright, this has gone to far,

First we had people saying they didn't care because they didn't like that kind of beer.

Now we have someone saying they drink zima?????

What has this world come to?