Peter King Weekend Pickoff

Why do you believe the Bills should win against the Jags? Most people would agree that the visiting team is the better team. I don't doubt that this is one of the few winnable game for the talentless Bills. But Jacksonville is rightly the favored team.

1. The Jags just came off a big emotional victory against Indy and have another big division game against Tennessee next week. The Bills are 0-4 and just got smoked. It is likely that the Jags will not be as ready for this game as the others.

2. The Bills just got embarrassed last week. They are going to prepare hard and come out with a lot of emotion against Jacksonville. That will last as long as the game stays close.

3. Jacksonville's offense is not as good as NE or the Jets. I doubt that they can dominate the ball and score the way that they did.

Jacksonville is the better team on paper, as are all the teams the Bills play, but looking at the schedule I honestly feel that this is their best chance for a win for the first half of the season at least.

Edited by vincec

I don't really read Peter King's weekly columns other than to see the hilarious write-ups of them on the Kissing Suzy Kolber blog. But I just checked his weekend pickoff, and he has the Jags over the Bills by a score of 20-9.

Sorry Peter, I know the Bills are a bad team right now, but if this team puts up only 9 points on the 30th ranked defense in the league, then I think we really are sunk. In the meantime, this is just an asinine prediction by a guy who really doesn't know that much about football.

I'm not saying that we'll win, mind you. But our offense was able to do a good job against a porous NE defense and then got shut down by a championship caliber Jets defense (I don't count Trent Edwards' games in regards to evaluating the offense, for obvious reasons). I don't like to dabble in absolutes, but there's no freaking way we only score 9 on the Jags.

Link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/10/07/weekend.pickoff/index.html?eref=sihp

Whatever you think of King's prediction, he does demonstrate his ignorance by referring to Roscoe Parish as Buffalo's "speed guy" Come on King, Lee Evans is our speed guy/deep threat and Roscoe is a slot/possession guy, so the stat you quoted makes perfect sense, and your take is ridiculous