I Just Realized Something

ajzepp

I'm just finishing up my work day and thought I'd log on and see what's up. I started reading through the first thread...and then the second...and then just before i clicked on the third, it hit me...I'm just sick and tired of talking about it anymore. I'm tired of second guessing their personnel moves...I'm tired of talking about what this guy or that guy did to make us lose this past Sunday...I'm just sick of reading about ANYTHING to do with this team, because the last ten years have just been so damn exhausting as a fan.

I'm not talking about being frustrated, I'm talking about being TOTALLY SICK OF THE BILLS SH*T!!! :wallbash:

...ok, I feel a little better now...thanks everyone.

Edited by ajzepp

I'm just finishing up my work day and thought I'd log on and see what's up. I started reading through the first thread...and then the second...and then just before i clicked on the third, it hit me...I'm just sick and tired of talking about it anymore. I'm tired of second guessing their personnel moves...I'm tired of talking about what this guy or that guy did to make us lose this past Sunday...I'm just sick of reading about ANYTHING to do with this team, because the last ten years have just been so damn exhausting as a fan.

I'm not talking about being frustrated, I'm talking about being TOTALLY SICK OF THE BILLS SH*T!!! :wallbash:

I couldn't agree with you more. I still visit this site everyday (it's an addiction). But, I barely skim through half the drivel that's posted; I just can't seem to care.

I'm sick of everyone I know or meet making the snide comments when we talk football (they all know I'm a Bills fan). My only reply for quite some time has been, "It's hard being a Bills fan."

But, the most surprising thing.. for me? The last two weeks I've hardly watched the Bills games. I didn't watch the Pats* game at all. Why? You knew they would lose. I barely watched the first half of the Jets game. It was horrid. For the first time in 20 some odd years, I voluntarily have not watch a Bills game. And this from a guy that normally watches every bad snap in every bad game because it's the Bills and its what I do.

But, after a decade of fail and now a retread coaching hire that's using the regular season as a throw away, it's just a little much. I honestly don't think Chan or this team has a clue of how to play football. All off season Chan and Nix both said the proof would be when they started playing games. Well, after a quarter of a season, it's obvious they're far from competent.

So, I'll stick around; I'm a Bills fan. I'm not posting one of those, "I'm done!" threads. But, it's hard to really care much about this team for the time being.

I hear ya but its called be a FANATIC. Bills are a way of life for so many of us and we will keep talking (mostly complaining) about them until we're 6ft under. Yeah, it does suck that the Bills suck again this year , but what else do you look forward to every Sunday September thru Decemeber?

I couldn't agree with you more. I still visit this site everyday (it's an addiction). But, I barely skim through half the drivel that's posted; I just can't seem to care.

I'm sick of everyone I know or meet making the snide comments when we talk football (they all know I'm a Bills fan). My only reply for quite some time has been, "It's hard being a Bills fan."

But, the most surprising thing.. for me? The last two weeks I've hardly watched the Bills games. I didn't watch the Pats* game at all. Why? You knew they would lose. I barely watched the first half of the Jets game. It was horrid. For the first time in 20 some odd years, I voluntarily have not watch a Bills game. And this from a guy that normally watches every bad snap in every bad game because it's the Bills and its what I do.

But, after a decade of fail and now a retread coaching hire that's using the regular season as a throw away, it's just a little much. I honestly don't think Chan or this team has a clue of how to play football. All off season Chan and Nix both said the proof would be when they started playing games. Well, after a quarter of a season, it's obvious they're far from competent.

So, I'll stick around; I'm a Bills fan. I'm not posting one of those, "I'm done!" threads. But, it's hard to really care much about this team for the time being.

I tell you what, I went a while where I was told I couldn't get Sunday NFL Ticket because of the trees. I have tolerated cable - cable WITHOUT the NFL Network, that is - for as long as I can remember. I recently moved into an apartment that I love, and I specifically chose it because it's facing the right direction in order to get DirecTv. Well, for whatever reason, it was going to take them about a week and a half to install it....whereas Dish would be the next day and for cheaper. Now up until recently, there would have been absolutely no decision to make. The call to Dish would never have even been made. But you know what? I ended up with Dish. I was content just looking for online feeds, but my main focus was the Red Zone channel. I figured that was my priority, not the Sunday Ticket. I had to ask myself if I was crazy...voluntarily passing on the ability to see the Bills every week. But I just realized I was becoming apathetic. I love Sundays, because I can enjoy football in spite of the Bills. I will watch an online feed of the game on the comp, but I'm really paying attention to the Red Zone, cause there is a lot of good football going on.

Nothing will EVER change in terms of the fact that I'm a Bills fan. It's simply (a big part) of who I am and it's an indelible mark on my SOUL lol. But watching them for 3 hrs a week just isn't a priority anymore...it's really affecting my love of football and my love for Sunday afternoons.

I know I'll never pass on them completely, but for the time being I just need a little "space" lol

Go Giants (SF version!) :thumbsup:

:lol:

Take my word, man....this series will be decided ENTIRELY by what happens in game one. If Derek Lowe finds a way to continue his dominance in that park, and we're able to take that game, we're going to win the series. If Lowe craps the bed and game one goes to SF, it's over.

I hear ya but its called be a FANATIC. Bills are a way of life for so many of us and we will keep talking (mostly complaining) about them until we're 6ft under. Yeah, it does suck that the Bills suck again this year , but what else do you look forward to every Sunday September thru Decemeber?

I hear ya man...and that passion is still there, it's just really buried beneath a lot of disappointment, frustration, and other crap.

I look forward to Sundays in the Fall/Winter more than any other day of the week...nothing will ever change that. It's just a helluva lot sweeter when we field a team that can actually compete.

I just like to have A TEAM to follow and scrutinize and cheer for. When your team is winning it's more fun, but when they're not it can still be fun. Just having that 3 hours where you're totally glued in and the world stops while you get totally into a game is fun. More fun if it's a win, but as long as it's a competitive game it's still fun. It's not life and death. We do it for fun, right? IMHO

I just like to have A TEAM to follow and scrutinize and cheer for. When your team is winning it's more fun, but when they're not it can still be fun. Just having that 3 hours where you're totally glued in and the world stops while you get totally into a game is fun. More fun if it's a win, but as long as it's a competitive game it's still fun. It's not life and death. We do it for fun, right? IMHO

Absolutely, but for a lot of us I think it's more than just fun. My theory is that when you latch onto a team from childhood, the bond is much stronger than it is when you begin following a team later in life. I didn't fully realize just how much a part of my life the Bills were until I saw the look in my ex-wife's face as I sat there and teared up like a little baby when Jimbo was giving his Hall of Fame speech several years ago. It's been a very intense relationship for over 25 years now, and it's just reached a point where it's totally drained me - and obviously I"m not alone in that sentiment. The NFL is fun for me, for sure....with the Bills it goes beyond that, though...it's deep rooted passion and love.

Part of the reason why I have little respect for "Falcons fans" here in GA is because when the team sucks, you don't see anyone representing a damn thing. I can't relate to that at all. I'm just as proud to represent now at 0-4 (and ten years of losing) as I was at any other time. I know that I have a lot of Bills brothers (and sisters) who get that...and who are just like me. I just think when things are intense like that, it can really hit a point where you need to distance yourself just a bit....that's where I'm at now.

Being a life long Alabama fan has eased my pain a bit. Now is the time for you AJ. They are going to be great for years.

Stop hating and get swept away by the Tide! :thumbsup::)

Edited by Bill from NYC

Have to agree with you, Dan - every year, I start out with unbridled optimism...and every year, this team slowly sucks the marrow from my bones!

I was - and remain - suspect about Chan Gailey. I wanted to give him every benefit of the doubt, but that incident with Trent Edwards and yelling at a bunch of kids the last day of training camp was really wierd, IMO. We all knew what it apparently took Chan a bit longer to figure out - that Edwards sucked - and Gailey had yet to win a regular season game as a Bills coach, yet he's 'calling out' the fans? I was thinking to myself, 'What's this guy gonna do when the real fans... the big boys...really get down on him and the team?' (I mean the grown ups who pay thousands of $$$ for season tix and travel from far and wide to witness this mess.)

I actually traveled to the NE game and came back still optimistic - despite the loss and the 0-3 start, we had finally dumped Edwards, and the offense moved the chains and put points on the board. Then came the Jets debacle - after that, I need another marrow transplant. I may not even see the J-ville game - am considering not going and wasting what looks to be a beautiful Fall Sunday (and we'll be informed after 1:00 PM today that the game is officially 'blacked out' locally).

Still have hopes for Gailey, and do believe in Nix and his abilities as a GM, scout, and player personnel guy - just hope they don't burn half of next season figuring out what they should have learned in OTAs, training camp,and the preseason.

And how 'bout doing something about the DC and this great 3-4 defense, instead of singling out the offense for all the cuts, trades, adjustments, etc.? We had Dick LeBeau, we had Perry Fewell...now George Edwards??? Afraid to fire a coach in mid-season, Chan? That's right, Chan...I'm doggin' you... :P

Oh well...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Thank you, aj. I'm with you on this.

I almost dread coming in here and it doesn't have to do with the board members...it has to do with how bad this team is and finding out more about how bad this team is and how down most everyone pretty much is about it.

:sick:

Please tell me you're not canceling your web show.

Please tell me you're not canceling your web show.

Of course not. I'd never do that.

Thank you, aj. I'm with you on this.

I almost dread coming in here and it doesn't have to do with the board members...it has to do with how bad this team is and finding out more about how bad this team is and how down most everyone pretty much is about it.

:sick:

lol, I know, it's like a reality you just don't want to face...it always reminds me why I tend to hang out more onthe "off the wall" board :D

Being a life long Alabama fan has eased my pain a bit. Now is the time for you AJ. They are going to be great for years.

Stop hating and get swept away by the Tide! :thumbsup::)

:sick: !!!!

I agree 100%. I waited to see the baby, and it's the ugliest baby I've ever seen.

fuggin thing's got a TAIL, man!