If the "disgrunteled" Randy Moss is worth a 3rd

Thoner7

I like Thorner's idea but don't think the Cheater would, pity that. Mankins would be great here. We can always try to over pay him as a FA, I guess (if he lasts til then).

Also I am sure Mcniels price would bankrupt our draft for years as AJ always wants more than what someone is worth. That also is a pity.

As I thought about the Randy Moss trade today and all the circumstances were reported, like his heated convos with the OC and Belicheaet, it became cleaer the Randy was "disgrunteld" and thats why he was moved.

So the Pats moved a great player in a contract year for a 3rd rounder.

My question is, what do you think they would ask for Mankins? He is a PB Guard who is way more p*ssed at the Pats than Moss ever was. He has vowed to never play for them again, and he is on the 5th week of his holdout. He is also in a contract year you could say (he would have been a URFA if not for the CBA expiring).

But If Moss goes for a 3rd, I dont see how Mankins could go for much more. Maybe a 3rd and 5th, a 2 at most would be my complete guess.

My point is the Chan came out and publically said our OL isnt good enough to do what we want to do on offense. Well, here is your chance to get one of the best OLmen in the league for essentially nothing. Why not solidify the OL now rather than take a huge risk on a late round pick - a slection that with our scouts will bust with a 98% chance. It would not be a "win now" move by any means, and would most certainly help us rebuild. Its a no brainer to me, but I get the feeling it hasnt even crossed Nixs mind.

trades iwthin the division are very, very rare. other then bledsoe and a couple others i can't think of any.