If the "disgrunteled" Randy Moss is worth a 3rd

Thoner7

As I thought about the Randy Moss trade today and all the circumstances were reported, like his heated convos with the OC and Belicheaet, it became cleaer the Randy was "disgrunteld" and thats why he was moved.

So the Pats moved a great player in a contract year for a 3rd rounder.

My question is, what do you think they would ask for Mankins? He is a PB Guard who is way more p*ssed at the Pats than Moss ever was. He has vowed to never play for them again, and he is on the 5th week of his holdout. He is also in a contract year you could say (he would have been a URFA if not for the CBA expiring).

But If Moss goes for a 3rd, I dont see how Mankins could go for much more. Maybe a 3rd and 5th, a 2 at most would be my complete guess.

My point is the Chan came out and publically said our OL isnt good enough to do what we want to do on offense. Well, here is your chance to get one of the best OLmen in the league for essentially nothing. Why not solidify the OL now rather than take a huge risk on a late round pick - a slection that with our scouts will bust with a 98% chance. It would not be a "win now" move by any means, and would most certainly help us rebuild. Its a no brainer to me, but I get the feeling it hasnt even crossed Nixs mind.

As I thought about the Randy Moss trade today and all the circumstances were reported, like his heated convos with the OC and Belicheaet, it became cleaer the Randy was "disgrunteld" and thats why he was moved.

So the Pats moved a great player in a contract year for a 3rd rounder.

My question is, what do you think they would ask for Mankins? He is a PB Guard who is way more p*ssed at the Pats than Moss ever was. He has vowed to never play for them again, and he is on the 5th week of his holdout. He is also in a contract year you could say (he would have been a URFA if not for the CBA expiring).

But If Moss goes for a 3rd, I dont see how Mankins could go for much more. Maybe a 3rd and 5th, a 2 at most would be my complete guess.

My point is the Chan came out and publically said our OL isnt good enough to do what we want to do on offense. Well, here is your chance to get one of the best OLmen in the league for essentially nothing. Why not solidify the OL now rather than take a huge risk on a late round pick - a slection that with our scouts will bust with a 98% chance. It would not be a "win now" move by any means, and would most certainly help us rebuild. Its a no brainer to me, but I get the feeling it hasnt even crossed Nixs mind.

oh it has. but buddy's not giving up any of his precious draft picks. and NE will do their damndest to keep him out of the division.

unless of course they really want to teach him a lesson - 'cause no one wants to shuffle off to buffalo.

EDIT: seriously, great idea, thoner

i'd be so happy if they pulled it off

Edited by uncle flap

oh it has. but buddy's not giving up any of his precious draft picks. and NE will do their damndest to keep him out of the division.

unless of course they really want to teach him a lesson - 'cause no one wants to shuffle off to buffalo.

EDIT: seriously, great idea, thoner

i'd be so happy if they pulled it off

I detect your sarcasm, but why are they so "precious"???

Spiller is a kick returner and until yesterday the 3rd string RB

Troupe plays 10-15% of the snaps if he is luck

Carring hasnt been on the field yet - AT ALL

Guys like Hardy and Harris are already off the team.

Guys like Youbty dont contribute in the least.

Whitner/Byrd and barely better than Scott/G.Wilson yet they cost a lot more to acquire.

- The BEST thing Buddy could do with those picks is trade, and trade multiple if need be, picks for a proven pro bowler.

I detect your sarcasm, but why are they so "precious"???

Spiller is a kick returner and until yesterday the 3rd string RB

Troupe plays 10-15% of the snaps if he is luck

Carring hasnt been on the field yet - AT ALL

Guys like Hardy and Harris are already off the team.

Guys like Youbty dont contribute in the least.

Whitner/Byrd and barely better than Scott/G.Wilson yet they cost a lot more to acquire.

- The BEST thing Buddy could do with those picks is trade, and trade multiple if need be, picks for a proven pro bowler.

oh i agree. i meant since buddy has preached about building through the draft, slept through free agency, and the fact he is a glamorized scout - draft picks to him are precious.

oh i agree. i meant since buddy has preached about building through the draft, slept through free agency, and the fact he is a glamorized scout - draft picks to him are precious.

Yea I know thats what you meant. I didnt really clarify I guess, I was just making another point from further coversation.

But hey, I know Ralph is cheap. And in another thread a poster said that Nix stunk but was the only one who would take this job so we were lucky... I say BS. Id hapily be the Bills GM, no salary required. You could be my assistant GM :thumbsup::thumbsup:

not to hijack the thread but i would prefer we take a run at getting marcus mcneill. evans and a pick for him would be great.

Go ahead and hijack for that. I also would kill for McNiel. I also think its possible for us to get BOTH. As long as we hold onto that 1st rounder, who I am hoping results in Luck

Go ahead and hijack for that. I also would kill for McNiel. I also think its possible for us to get BOTH. As long as we hold onto that 1st rounder, who I am hoping results in Luck

that 2nd rounder is untouchable as well as there will be some real talent in that spot(if the bills draft right which is questionable)

that 2nd rounder is untouchable as well as there will be some real talent in that spot(if the bills draft right which is questionable)

I dont doubt that. But, can you guarantee me with 100% crtainty that that player will be a PB caliber player and a position of major need? How do you know we wont draft another Hardy? I think thats more possible than us getting some super stud - Even Byrd has been bad this season.

Further, could that player comin in THIS WEEK and be the leader on an bad OL filled with young talent that needs a veteran leader. Could he tell our guys what it takes to win superbowls? Or what the playoffs are like?

Rebuilding is not all young rookies. There is a lot of leadership needed. Det has Vandebosch and Foote helping their team out. (I know they are 0-4 but they almost beat Gb and should have/did IMO beat the Bears. The NFCs 2 best teams)

We have no one on our team that knwos what it takes to win - because none of them have ever won before.

No team will take Evans with that contract. The Bills should approach Evans with a deal, Well trade you but youll have to take a pay cutt. I guess is hed do it

That's quite true. Ignoring the Homer praises, he has shown he's really a one-dimensional receiver that can be erased from games. A trade partner would have to want an Alvin Harper/Peerless Pricetag type of deep threat to an already good offense. Strangely enough, the best partner may actually be the Patriots now. :blink:

Pats* would never trade the guy in division. There isn't a trade to be made as buyers for the Bills I say look for Whitner to be shopped for a mid round pick and Stroud to be shopped for another late round pick as well. All in all I would see if Indy (Who is desperate for a safty and could use DT help) would take Whitner and Stroud for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Then I would see if we could get a 2nd for Evans either this season or in the off-season.