2nd worst move by the Bills in my lifetime

I feel your pain as well. Although Collins looked very promising early on in his career he went on a downward spiral after several viscious hit's he took when playing the Chiefs one day at Rich stadium, and was never the same since. He has had a journeyman career, and while RJ turned out to be a total bust there was that glimmer of hope..... I hated to see ML go, but many of the media and the fan base wanted him traded. I'm sure he will shine with the Hawks, and we will live to regret the move, but I feel it was in the cards as soon as the Bills took Spiller.

But here is the thing, the most discourging point: the Bills could've had a high quality offensive tackle (or defensive end) in this year's draft instead of Spiller. They are supposed to be rebuilding.

A 24 year old running back with some of the best lateral moves in the NFL and extreme toughness, and one now seeming to both find his holes and wait for the blocks, is exactly what this team needs.

The moves make no sense--this could've been a team that took progressive--and maybe signifcant steps-- forward this year, but instead, they regress again, bottom out even more.

Go Bears and Seahawks!

Edited by Mister Defense

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

Can you say 2-14? If they are lucky. Go Seahawks.

Marshawn, is that you?

1,000 yards in the rest of the games?

No.

But here is the thing, the most discourging point: the Bills could've had a high quality offensive tackle (or defensive end) in this year's draft instead of Spiller. They are supposed to be rebuilding.

Which high quality OT are you talking about? The two high quality ones were picked before the bills picked.... all the rest of them were either ok or projects at best.

When they got rid of Collins for Rob Johnson and gave two high picks, I was furious-Collins was going to be the quarterback to replace Kellly effectively. 13 years of many wasted high draft picks and mega money flushed away on one hack after another, I stand by that as the most detrimental move by the Bills in my lifetime.

This is the second worst move. Trading a 24 year old stud of a running back for a first round pick would have been crazy, but to trade him for a fourth round pick makes this team's front office look remarkably similar to the incompetent yahoos here who turned the Bills into the joke of the NFL, before Polian arrived and cleaned house. (I remember one Polian insider saying that the scouting department was so bad when they arrived that they did not even hav a a file system for players.)

This is the same team now, inept, incompetent, irrational, and squandering opportunities to become legitimate.

They traded the best player on this team, one who will be a star in this league for years and years, for a fourth round pick.

I have been extremely optimistic, almost always, when it came to the Bills 'turning the corner'. Now, I am completely disgusted by the Bills and have no faith. Any team making this bad of a move has almost no chance to become even competitive.

Can you say 2-14? If they are lucky. Go Seahawks.

Trading Lynch is another case of taking a bird in the hand and trading it for, as history has proven with the Bills, quite likely nothing in the bush. It makes you less talented now and probably later. Not the kind of exchanges talent starved teams should be making. But hardly the worst move.

Nor was replacing Todd Collins. Collins has never been anything more than a backup whose career as such was salvaged by being associated with Dick Vermeil, whose OC's Saunders and Martz have kept him around out of familiarity. They have different strengths, but he is basically equivalent to Ryan Fitzpatrick. If that. Limited exposure they aren't bad, but they aren't starters.

The Johnson trade was a stab at greatness. Johnson had the look of a star young QB. He failed. So what. You must take chances and continue to take chances to acquire your QB. The problem is the handling of situations by the Bills themselves. You need not coddle one young QB for three years without continually pushing them. If competition kills some QB's, then so be it. Keep the pipeline of talent full at QB and may the best man win. The Bills don't get this, just like they didn't get that it was possible to have two good RB's in the backfield at once when they had McGahee/Henry. A year and a half later 2 RB systems were prevalent around the league. How behind the curve can one organization be?

No, the worst moves by the Bills have been the coaches and front office personnel, HANDS DOWN.

From a personnel standpoint, it has been the slew of bad choices on draft day(bad picks, bad trade-ups, not trading down for more picks). There are many more ways they've hosed themselves but they have consistently hacked draft day.