How Big Pat did it

nodnarb

I had to know how Pat Williams, of all people, could catch a rifled ball at point blank range with one hand. It was the most improbable clutch play by a Bill in...how long?

So I rewinded the game to that spot about a dozen times. I played it in super slo-mo.

Pat gets his hand up at the perfect time. Feeley couldn't have adjusted his passing lane around his arm. The ball hits his mit, makes a Thud heard 'round Miami, and falls like a shot pheasant.

Pat had no clue that the ball he blocked was catchable. The ball literall fell point-down on the leading edge of his midsection protruberance, giving him an extra half second to reach down and snag it.

Then he did something really smart. He knew his grip on the ball was iffy at that split second, and he knew there were two linemen in his face ready to snatch it away. So he instinctively spun around, got a solid handle on the ball, and the rest is football comedy.

Ah, Pat.

I had to know how Pat Williams, of all people, could catch a rifled ball at point blank range with one hand. It was the most improbable clutch play by a Bill in...how long?

So I rewinded the game to that spot about a dozen times. I played it in super slo-mo.

Pat gets his hand up at the perfect time. Feeley couldn't have adjusted his passing lane around his arm. The ball hits his mit, makes a Thud heard 'round Miami, and falls like a shot pheasant.

Pat had no clue that the ball he blocked was catchable. The ball literall fell point-down on the leading edge of his midsection protruberance, giving him an extra half second to reach down and snag it.

Then he did something really smart. He knew his grip on the ball was iffy at that split second, and he knew there were two linemen in his face ready to snatch it away. So he instinctively spun around, got a solid handle on the ball, and the rest is football comedy.

Ah, Pat.

150546[/snapback]

That was a better receiving effort than that Seahawks receiver last night. Hail Mary to win the game, ball bounces right off his face mask. Couldn't catch it. And Phat Pat snags a ball rifled right at him?

That was a better receiving effort than that Seahawks receiver last night. Hail Mary to win the game, ball bounces right off his face mask. Couldn't catch it. And Phat Pat snags a ball rifled right at him?

150550[/snapback]

Just for the record, our win against Seattle was misleading because they actually suck and we caught a break. That's the word on the street, anyway. :)

Just for the record, our win against Seattle was misleading because they actually suck and we caught a break. That's the word on the street, anyway. :)

150561[/snapback]

This constant sarcasm towards the pessimists around here is starting to get crusade-like.