Three teams lost starting safeties this week

Got_Wood

Green Bay, San Diego, and Indy all lost valuable starting safeties this week. Just one more opportunity for us to trade a position we have lots of depth at. Not saying we could get a 1st or 2nd in return for our guys, but a player or 3rd/4th rounder would be a great building block piece for this team at other positions.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Got_Wood

Green Bay, San Diego, and Indy all lost valuable starting safeties this week. Just one more opportunity for us to trade a position we have lots of depth at. Not saying we could get a 1st or 2nd in return for our guys, but a player or 3rd/4th rounder would be a great building block piece for this team at other positions.

Why would a team trade with us when Ko Simpson is available. He used to be worth millions!

We can trade Cry baby Whitner and let some other team deal with him. If we get a fourth round pick for him we can use it to maybe go back in the first round an pick up a good player to fill a need.

Edited by b stein 22

We can trade Cry baby Whitner and let some other team deal with him. If we get a fourth round pick for him we can use it to maybe go back in the first round an pick up a good player to fill a need.

Maybe Whitner for AJ Hawk or Brad Jones straight up?

LOL @3rd or 4th rounder for Whitner.

Lynch got a 4th, and he's a MUCHMUCHMUCHMUCHMUCHMUCHMUCH better player than Whitner.

You might get a 6th for Donte Whitner. Worth it? Who knows.

He's a starting safety. 6th in the NFL in total tackles. Seems like a team with NO safety would pay at least a 4th for him.

Whitner for Hawk and a 4th. It might make sense for GB as a salary dump and to make the team better. Don't forget Hawks contract is very, very high. that is why they probably can't trade him.

pick. not hawk. make sure we get into next draft with about 30 picks :D

Why? That would just mean we would cut or trade 30 more players by the end of 2011.

He's a starting safety. 6th in the NFL in total tackles. Seems like a team with NO safety would pay at least a 4th for him.

6th in total tackles for a safety says less about the safety than the 7 guys not tackling in front of him.

Whitner for a 5th would be about as good as you could get.

Edited by Peace

Actually Ko Simpson may be better than any of our current safeties at this point

KO was always a step slow...played here is desparate times. All our current safeties are better than he is. I would say that trading straight up for AJ Howk would be a good deal...but won't happen. AJ makes about 4mil, and Ralph isn't going to pickup that bill.

If you said Whitner for a 4th, I think you'd have 31 teams in line for that deal. I think you guys criticizing Whitner are nuts. He plays behind absolute garbage and makes tackles. He's a solid tackler with speed. Has experience at SS and FS. I just don't get what's not to like. Maybe he's no Steve Atwater, but he's not Dwight Drane.

If you said Whitner for a 4th, I think you'd have 31 teams in line for that deal. I think you guys criticizing Whitner are nuts. He plays behind absolute garbage and makes tackles. He's a solid tackler with speed. Has experience at SS and FS. I just don't get what's not to like. Maybe he's no Steve Atwater, but he's not Dwight Drane.

Steve Atwater? He's not even Steve Urkel. No way that guy gets a 4th round pick. He's almost as useless as Kelsay.