It Just Dawned on Me

JPS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't it make more sense that Ralph is putting a crappy product on the field to lessen the blow of them leaving? Don't hire football people. Pay rock bottom for GMs, Coaches and "talent". It's not that he's senile and he has good intentions. I think he maybe stripping this town of our pride in this team so it's easier to say goodbye. Maybe it's a paranoid delusion I had after having one too many bowls of Lucky Charms, but it does make sense, doesn't it?

I hope I'm as far away from right as can be. And before you say "the Bills can't leave Bflo", I ask where you live.

While I don't completely buy into your conspiracy theory, perhaps he wants to leave this earth with Bills fans still loving him for keeping the team in Buffalo.

You simply can't ignore the fact that this owner has tried to do everything he can to save money in the entire history of the team. While he did pay for big marque players like OJ, Kelly, Smith...but then players like Jason Peters and Pat Williams were undrafted and therefore didn't seem worth of such a high pay increase so they were moved along. The team paid big bucks to Langston walker and Derrick Dockery for the O line and kept them when they played 1/2 way decently, the O line coached changed and their performance fell and they were released.

You need to take into consideration that although the Bills have been mediocre the last decade winning wise, they have made the owner a bunch of money and sold countless amounts of jerseys and merchandise. Every year the games are sold out and the stadium filled with glossy eyed fans thinking this could be the season they go back to the SB.

So tell me, what real incentive does this man have to pay for a big name coach? Never mind the fact that a proven winning head coach could easily turn this team into a winner, because it would also cause all the players to be suddenly recognized as good and they all would want more money, it is far easier and cheaper to keep the team on the verge of being good as long as the fans keep coming.

P.T. Barnum used to say, ""there's a sucker born every minute""

It was Snyder who tried to move the team in the first instance, not Brown (to this day, I try not to spend a dime in Snyder's Hyatt on Main St.), and I believe it was to Florida, not San Diego, to which he first tried to move the team. Interestingly, the Braves played a series of games in Toronto to try to broaden the fan base before moving.

Brown then got control and actually ADDED talent (Malone) before giving up.

And of course, in effect, he didn't move the existing Braves team to San Diego (and then LA); he moved the Celtics. He swapped the entire Braves team for the entire Celts team before the move.

I do not think, though, that this is what Wilson is up to. He may not care if the team stays (personally, I think he would prefer that it does stay), but he definitely doesn't care if it goes--he's not doing anything to try to help a move.

Malone was here for like 3 days. I think he saw 9 minutes of action, if that.