What do you want in return for Marshawn Lynch?

trading a 25 year old player you used a 1st round pick on not too long ago, and who is capable of playing at a first round level, for a 3rd round pick(or less)... is exactly the type of move that keeps the Bills where they have been for the last decade+.

ESPECIALLY when you add on the fact that you are trading him in favor of an almost-30 year old running back.

a team that wants Lynch should be forced to come up with a VERY strong offer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With the percentage of picks that GMs miss on I find it difficult to understand why they value them so highly. People love to use the expression, "this isn't madden", when making fun of trade offers, but in reality it costs less to make in trade in real life then it does in madden.

How many 3rd and 4th round WRs become the next Anquan Boldin or how many second round WRs become the next Brandon Marshall?? The answer is not many. Take a look at the 2008 Draft....out of the first 10 receivers taken only Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson have shown any promise.

Now I realize that giving up multiple picks will take away a pick from another position of need, but if you don't hit on your pick you're going to have to use up another one down the road. Another argument that people love to use is that most of these trades have a large contract attached and drafting an impact rookie would provide you with a greaet player for a low cap hit....but the problem is, in the NFL nowadays, if you strike gold on a second round pick you can almost guarantee that player will not be willing to play out their rookie contract anyways.

I agree. Forget the draft picks for Lynch. GM's over-value them and Lynch is worth way more than a 4th round pick and probably even a 3rd round pick. At this point, I'd consider taking Hawk but would prefer Bulaga because our LB's are that bad. I'd also start dangling one of our safeties to the Colts. Not sure what they have on their roster that they'd part with, Polian isn't afraid to trade good draft picks. He was going to give us a 4th for McCargo.

No way they'd give up Bulaga and I'm mixed on Hawk. Disturbing he can't crack the starting line up but he's got to be better than at least three of the starters we have now. What's everyone else's take on Hawk?

No way they'd give up Bulaga and I'm mixed on Hawk. Disturbing he can't crack the starting line up but he's got to be better than at least three of the starters we have now. What's everyone else's take on Hawk?

where do you get that he doesnt start from? here is their depth chart http://www.packers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Hawk would be a good addition to our Defense. One of the few players we could get on trade that would have as big (or bigger) of an impact as Lynch does. Still need to improve the line in front of him. But Hawk and Poz would be a good ILB crew for the future.

Personally, I hope the Bills keep him, I believe the off field problems are behind him now.

Should the Bills trade, I don't want draft picks for Marshawn, I want a player or players in return.

If Ralph thinks he can trade him away for draft picks and the fans will be all fuzzy, then he is under estimating the situation.

This would be a clear indicator that the team does not care about the fans or the 2010 season.

The Bills need help at 6-8 positions,surely some team can make an offer that can help the Bills now! There may be no 2011 season!

I would focus on Linebacker, Physical Wide Receiver,or a proven pass rusher.

GET A PLAYER BUDDY!

I agree with you. Why get rid of Marshawn when he is doing okay? But if they really want him gone, get a player that can be a starter for us at a weak position.

They need to do something. They drafted Spiller number 1 because they need "playmakers" but with the three backs we have he doesn't get on the field. If you are going to make the commitment to Spiller then make it and move on. Trade either Jackson or Lynch. Compensation: Jackson 3rd or 4th and a 7th, Lynch 2nd or 3rd and a 7th.

Keeping Lynch is by far the best option. Trading him leaves your team with one 30-year old running back in the twilight of his career, and a rookie running back that is widely believed not to be an every-down type of player. Ouch.

But, you are also smoking some pretty high quality drugs if you think that you can trade Lynch for any sort of proven player or a *dies laughing* second or *super dies laughing* first round draft pick. You might get a 4th rounder for Lynch. So, with that, maybe you can turn that pick into a back-up running back!

You seem to think I was talking about a high quality player or players. I was not. I think A.J. Hawk would help us but he has been somewhat of a disappointment in GB

I do not believe the Packers would trade A.J. Hawk to the Bills for Marshawn Lynch. I think we need to go down much farther on the "quality player" scale to get to something that they'd part with. A starting middle backer for a guy who is your second string RB next year is unlikely.

I do not believe the Packers would trade A.J. Hawk to the Bills for Marshawn Lynch. I think we need to go down much farther on the "quality player" scale to get to something that they'd part with. A starting middle backer for a guy who is your second string RB next year is unlikely.

teams use 2 RBs much like teams use multiple LBs. To say that Lynch isnt a starter even though he gets most of the carries, is like saying Hawk isnt a starter because they played a lot of Nickel package one game.

the two positions are the same but opposite. RBs are the LBs of offense, and vice versa. If we have an extra 1st round RB, and they have an extra 1st round LB, the trade makes sense.

League source is claiming the Bills and Eagles talked today with the Bills initiating the conversation, but nothing got done. Bills were wanting nothing less than a 3rd round pick for Lynch, but the Eagles were not offering anything close to that.