David Nelson & David Martin

1B4IDie

It seemed like these guys were only on the field for the last minute of the first half then in the 4th. They definitely added a spark to the offense. Some Bills Backers where I watched the game thought that it was Shawn Nelson. We still have a week until we see what the Shawn can do but David Nelson made some plays.

David Martin was out there making plays too. It was amazing to see a Tight End catch a ball for more than 7 yards

The Bills are executing the 2 minute offense well, it may be against a deep zone defense but still.

Maybe we should consider using a Pistol type of offense for most of the game. It seems to be working when we use it.

The traditional power running formations have not been that effective this season.

Chan ran the pistol offense with Thigpen thats how he was able to do well.

Seems like we need to get David Nelson in the game more often.

Lee probably needs to sit out a few to all the plays because his wallet seems to be slowing him down this season and his fingers are too sore from counting money to actually catch the ball.

If Nelson is going to make something happen then put him in the game.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

No, we can't bench Lee Evans, he at least neutralizes the opposing teams best DB.... :ph34r:

I was once a believer in the myth of Lee Evans. I am starting to see some holes in this myth, especially after that big drop when the game wasn't out of reach.

I was once a believer in the myth of Lee Evans. I am starting to see some holes in this myth, especially after that big drop when the game wasn't out of reach.

I too left the Lee Eavns camp.

Consider that the #1 excuse to why Evans isn't involved in the game is always: they shifted coverage to him, or they shifted a safety over the top to help out on him.

Seems to me that every team's #1 WR gets the same treatment. Teams aren't shifting a safety to help out on Andre Johnson or Miles Austin?...and these guys still catch 10+ balls per game. Either Evans can't get open or he's not running the right routes or the QB's can't throw it to him--it's probably all of the above.

I too left the Lee Eavns camp.

Consider that the #1 excuse to why Evans isn't involved in the game is always: they shifted coverage to him, or they shifted a safety over the top to help out on him.

Seems to me that every team's #1 WR gets the same treatment. Teams aren't shifting a safety to help out on Andre Johnson or Miles Austin?...and these guys still catch 10+ balls per game. Either Evans can't get open or he's not running the right routes or the QB's can't throw it to him--it's probably all of the above.

maybe not the best examples JR, since they do have Matt Schaub and Tony Romo throwing the ball their way. Shaun Hill to Calvin Johnson, now that works. Derek Anderson/Max Hall to Larry Fitzgerald, man, i feel sorry for that guy....but, i hear what you are saying. all of those guys are also big and physical. they create openings with their physicality, speed and route running. and yes, they have a QB willing and able to squeeze the ball in when they are double covered.

Evans has the speed, questionably the route running, and definitely not the physicality nor the QB. he can go over the middle better than most think, but that really is dependent on the threat of the deep ball. Edwards didn't provide that, a leaky O-Line doesn't help and no one Evans is a #2/#3 masquerading on this team as a #1. put him in the ideal situation and he will put up the 65 rec/1100 yds/8tds you saw when JP was slinging the ball his way (by no means am i saying i miss JP). nothing about this Bills offense screams ideal, to which Evans becomes lost. Evans needs help, the great ones don't.

David Nelson, on the other hand, has been a revelation. he will never be a #1 WR either, but as a tall guy who runs great routes and finds seams in the middle of the field, he will be a nice complement to whoever that #1 guy becomes. with so many holes to fill, when we get that guy is anyone's guess. if Matt Millen was running this team, he'd draft AJ Green next year....