GOP primary voters outnumber Dem voters

You don't say 1930. Of course right after that "magic year 1929" if my math is correct... ;) What happened in 1932 then?

:P

This is a pretty wild map... I haven't checked it out for sometime:

1932 By County

Amazing how NYS went mostly Hoover except NYC, the Catskills, outside Albany, and up around Plattsburg... YET, the state was carried by FDR (thanks no doubt to NYC).

Wow... We really have changed as a nation.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

By 4 million votes

I find this more encouraging that just poll numbers. These are people who have proven they vote not just answer telephone surveys.

I believe the Dem's have seriously damaged themselves in the past two years. They are losing their base and sure haven't won any new friends.

It didn't take even a full year for the democrats to damage themselves by evidence of the New Jersey (Christie) and Massachusetts (Brown) elections last November.

The rogue wave is about to hit the SS Poseidon, otherwise known as the democratic party.

It didn't take even a full year for the democrats to damage themselves by evidence of the New Jersey (Christie) and Massachusetts (Brown) elections last November.

The rogue wave is about to hit the SS Poseidon, otherwise known as the democratic party.

Don't worry, people want things "now" and instant gratification. The sad thing is the pendulum will continue to swing back and forth at every increasing rates due to the "anger factor.".:(

Don't worry, people want things "now" and instant gratification. The sad thing is the pendulum will continue to swing back and forth at every increasing rates due to the "anger factor.".:(

I think Christie's a guy who could bring the whole country together. He said he absolutely will not run for president, but he may not have a choice.

Today's Gallup Poll:

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's generic ballot for Congress among registered voters currently shows Republicans with 46% of the vote and Democrats with 43%, similar to the 46% to 46% tie reported a week ago. However, in Gallup's first estimates among likely voters, based on polling from Sept. 23-Oct. 3, Republicans have a double-digit advantage under two separate turnout scenarios.

For this initial estimate of those most likely to vote, Gallup has modeled a lower turnout estimate (40%, typical for recent midterm elections) and a higher turnout estimate. In both cases, the Republican share of the vote is above 50% and the Democratic share is 40% or less, underscoring the strong position in which the GOP would find itself were the election held today.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143363/GOP-Positioned-Among-Likely-Midterm-Voters.aspx

Couple that with independents overwhelming turning on the liberals, there will be a pretty high turnover rate this November...

You don't say 1930. Of course right after that "magic year 1929" if my math is correct... ;) What happened in 1932 then?

:P

The average percentage of citizens who voted in the GOP statewide primaries was the highest since 1970.

And what happened in 1972?

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

And the Nixon landslide in Nov. Don't worry, your job counting goldfish will not be effected.

How did that admin. end?

And subsequent humiliation in being the only POTUS to resign before the next election in 1976. You must be a Pats*/Belicheat fan.

Given our delporable political situation/two-party system... The best outcome is a Dem executive and a a Repub controlled legislature.

Glad I am able to keept up with the lag between our two time zones! :D

Somewhere else, I am having a nice debate (that of course is outside the box of the normal crap group think) about the health of the world's largest source of fresh water... Feel free to join in... ;)

Anyway, I could care less about how my job is affected. At worst I will move on and retire from federal service and possibly double dip like some of the military guys do. We actually need change and if that so happens to be me... So much the better! I am actually pushing for a new way of how we do business... And that has everything to do with eliminating what I do! That is a good thing! Remember it is not about me, it is about my good stewardship to economy of the taxpayers and the health of our environment.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois