Are you more disappointed with the Offense or Defense this year?

zow2

I mean they both stink but for me it's the D. I didn't expect them to be great or anything, but year after year we have the most pourous run defense imagineable. It's more difficult imo, to build a solid Offense. A high powered O like the Kelly era comes along once a century. In Buffalo, NY, with the crummy weather, we should always have a stout defense to rely on. I know they've whiffed on some high defensive draft picks but still, how can it be so bad year after year? So frustrating. Last year the D got pretty lucky getting 28 INT's (I say that because deflections and stuff that go into getting INT's are 50% luck). This year those things are not happening so what looked like a solid secondary coming in, is also a weak spot. I dunno. Maybe the Jets, New Eng and Green Bay all have Super Bowl caliber offense and things will start to look better over the next few weeks. One can only hope. Up until this week, the Bills were irrevelvant and under the radar. Now, the Bills are starting to get noticed nationally for being REALLY BAD.

Offense looks slightly better, D is much worse. It is clear the run D is much, much worse without Stroud and Davis.

Edit: I am most disappointed in myself that I somehow rationalized in my mind a way this team would be 8 and 8 this year. I am very disappointed that I cannot tell when I am failing to be objective. My subconscious must somehow detect it, as I uncharacteristically turned down 2 opportunities to buy game tickets for the family one for this past Jets Game and one for a Road Game near my current home.

But still gotta get that homer detector working.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood