So what was it going to cost us to re-sign Jabari Greer?

Every time I see portions of Saints games I see him making plays, just like his final season with the Bills. This kills me, because he should be playing in OUR secondary. What was his asking price? I can't see his price even being as much as Kelsay, yet the front office re-signed one of the most useless players to what I consider a pricey extension. One of the most bone headed decisions in recent Buffalo Bills history letting players like Greer go and letting dead weight stay around. What is he making? Greer makes plays.

Sorry for the rant.

Every time I see portions of Saints games I see him making plays, just like his final season with the Bills. This kills me, because he should be playing in OUR secondary. What was his asking price? I can't see his price even being as much as Kelsay, yet the front office re-signed one of the most useless players to what I consider a pricey extension. One of the most bone headed decisions in recent Buffalo Bills history letting players like Greer go and letting dead weight stay around. What is he making? Greer makes plays.

Sorry for the rant.

That is a !@#$ing good question. I really just get pissed off when the front office does this ****. They sign untalented retard players for huge contracts that just steal money. Green, kelsey, Maybin, Derrick Dockery, just to name a few.

This also applies to Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Antione Winfield, Jim Leonard.........

Heck, remember that DT from Chicago we traded for? He was holding out in Chicago cause he wanted a new contract, so they traded him to the Bills. Then we refsed to resign him to a new contract, and traded him to another tema! Like wtf, you knew he wanted a new deal dip wads.

This also applies to Pat Williams, London Fletcher, Antione Winfield, Jim Leonard.........

Heck, remember that DT from Chicago we traded for? He was holding out in Chicago cause he wanted a new contract, so they traded him to the Bills. Then we refsed to resign him to a new contract, and traded him to another tema! Like wtf, you knew he wanted a new deal dip wads.

We got him from Philadelphia, then we sent him to Chicago when we couldn't sign him: Darwin Walker. Of course, the point remains... and he wasn't even worth the trouble!

Edited by Punch

Winfield was not worthy of being the 2nd highest paid CB in the league. It was a good move to let him go. I agree with the rest though. Losing pat williams put our defense back 10 years

Sorry for the rant.

He has been lights out down here. Ive seen every game since he left and is better then he was the last season in buffalo. The contract was very reasonable. I can't quote exact numbers but yes - roughly Kelsay money.

The one thing I will say is outside clady, so much of the talent in the middle of the first round was cornerback, running back, or overrated tackles. Leodis was not a terrible pick a that spot. Some good players in that draft but not many difference makers for this roster.

I'm sorry but Jim Leonard would look terrible without an elite team around him

And Darwin walker clearly had a sense of self worth that never matched his play. Perhaps he led them to believe they were close on money or terms then changed his mind? Not good but we really don't know what was behind closed doors, and it worked out ok.

Winfield was not worthy of being the 2nd highest paid CB in the league. It was a good move to let him go. I agree with the rest though. Losing pat williams put our defense back 10 years

Im callign shenannigans. Winfield has been worth every penny of his contract in Minn.

We have to rememeber, whats the "richest contract in the league" one year, is about average by the time the deal is plaed out.

STOP!!!

The cornerbacks are not the problem, at least not the biggest problem. When a quarterback drops back to pass and can literally stand still for several seconds on end and survey the entire field, he's gonna pass on any secondary. Our lack of a pass rush is startling. We have exactly one sack since week one and I could probably count on one hand how many times they've put any pressure on the QB whatsoever. You don't think Braylon Edwards could get a step on Jabari Greer too in literally 6-7 seconds when he knows where he's going and the CB doesn't? Come on man.

STOP!!!

The cornerbacks are not the problem, at least not the biggest problem. When a quarterback drops back to pass and can literally stand still for several seconds on end and survey the entire field, he's gonna pass on any secondary. Our lack of a pass rush is startling. We have exactly one sack since week one and I could probably count on one hand how many times they've put any pressure on the QB whatsoever. You don't think Braylon Edwards could get a step on Jabari Greer too in literally 6-7 seconds when he knows where he's going and the CB doesn't? Come on man.

Yes, the corners are not the problem; but by re-signing Greer and/or Winfield how many draft picks, including 1st rounders, could have been used on other positions of need? The last 10 years' worth of drafts have been like a game of musical chairs. Of course, even when they have drafted DL and LB they've missed by a country mile.

I maintain that Kris Kelsay must have some dirt on Ralph or someone very high up in the organization how he has gotten so many big contracts without being cut and then they just keep extending him. The guy is so overpaid yet they pinch pennies with Pat Williams (Who wanted to stay here)?

All in all this team needs to be gutted both the players, coaches, and the front office. I want to see what the 2007 Dolphins did and just can everybody and bring in a new set of people into the organization. I don't care if you have to fire Gailey after just one year this team needs to cut their losses and start fresh.