I am having a daughter

cmjoyce113

More often than not children like the team that there parents like. Or the teams that they are most subjected to. I am having my first daughter in January and I have been thinking about how watching the Bills has become miserable the last decade. Watching the Sabres for the most part has been painful. I am not a huge baseball fan but I liked the Orioles forever because I grew up in Rochester watching the Redwings (who also suck). I like Syracuse and Notre Dame and for the most part they both suck. (Cuse basketball pulled through with one national title which at the time made me feel like all was right in the world and one team I liked was able to win something significant. ... I event thought they were going to blow it last second)

So I was thinking should I root for teams that have a history of winning so my daughter isn't subjected to pure misery? Like root for the Yankees?

How do other people subject there kids to a team that blows so much? I hate being miserable every Sunday.

More often than not children like the team that there parents like. Or the teams that they are most subjected to. I am having my first daughter in January and I have been thinking about how watching the Bills has become miserable the last decade. Watching the Sabres for the most part has been painful. I am not a huge baseball fan but I liked the Orioles forever because I grew up in Rochester watching the Redwings (who also suck). I like Syracuse and Notre Dame and for the most part they both suck. (Cuse basketball pulled through with one national title which at the time made me feel like all was right in the world and one team I liked was able to win something significant. ... I event thought they were going to blow it last second)

So I was thinking should I root for teams that have a history of winning so my daughter isn't subjected to pure misery? Like root for the Yankees?

How do other people subject there kids to a team that blows so much? I hate being miserable every Sunday.

I encourage my daughter to root for the Yankees and NOT root for the Bills. I cannot in good conscience raise my kid to root for these bums. These worthless sacks of ****.

Just let the kids pick their own teams

Oh I will, but if her and I watching a Yankees game occasionally makes her being a sports fan more enjoyable I will help in that way. I won't force her to like a team, my parents didn't force me but I became a Bills fan because my Dad was. It seems to work out that way more often than not.

I have the same problem. When my first son was born, I called my uncle after whom my son is named. My uncle is a huge Mets fan and absolutely hates the Yankees. When I told him that I felt sorry for my son because he is likely to grow up a Bills fan because of me, my uncle thought for second and said: "Screw it, make him a Yankees fan, and his life will be on easy street."

Honestly, with all sincerity, you should root for the team that means something to your heart.

And congratulations for having a daughter. May she learn as much about team loyalty as you know.

Edited by Pilsner

Familiar with the phrase, "Misery loves company."?

I'd love to be able to share positive Bills memories with my daughter. Ain't gonna happen, though. She'll be 18 before this team does anything of note, and she's 7 now.

I wish i could have a decent comment on that. I don't have kids and i don't know if and when i ever will. But ya, I can see how good it would be to be able to first teach a child about the Bills (when they are on the right track). It would be difficult to teach a little one about our team when they are in such disarray.

I wish i could have a decent comment on that. I don't have kids and i don't know if and when i ever will. But ya, I can see how good it would be to be able to first teach a child about the Bills (when they are on the right track). It would be difficult to teach a little one about our team when they are in such disarray.

She asked me today if the Bills won. I told her: "No, sweetie. The Bills don't win, hardly ever." :lol:

She asked me today if the Bills won. I told her: "No, sweetie. The Bills don't win, hardly ever." :lol:

damn. that was a harsh way to tell her :0 I hope she didn't take it badly tho. Your avatar makes me think of the Rising Sun over the taco bell dog. Are you inferring that the taquito doggy will come and rule us over?