We win the opening toss

reginald

Deferring is a solid choice. If your defense can come out pumped up and get a quick stop then you'll get fantastic field position for your first offensive series and you get the bonus of coming out at halftime with the ball. Additionally, depending on the kick, the other team has a long field to get a score. Unfortunately for the Bills, nobody on that defense has any heart.

Exactly - how many times do you say towards the end of the first half - OK, if we score here, we get the ball right back to start the 2nd half - we can be right back in this!.......You never say - Hey, if we score on the opening drive, the game is over!

The advantage to defer is to see what the other team is doing defensivly and make adjustments at halftime. But clearly Gailey is just a bumbling anxious fool

for the all-time permanent record, i am 100% fine with deferring

frankly those flipping the hell out look like idiots to me. if i win the toss im deferring most games, except if conditions dictate otherwise. the advantages are obvious, the call pretty much makes itself

this idea of a first-drive score being automatic after deferring, as well as it being what lost the game, well again i gotta say it makes you look stoopid