Anyone concerned about the Clements rumors??

Corp000085

I am starting to get worried that this guy will get nabbed for the ND job. This could potentially screw up the offense short term (like winning out the season, and possibly playoffs) and long term with the continuity of having the same offense for more than one season.

Well, they've tried everyone else. It would stand to reason that they're now down to first-year OCs. It would be a very bad career move for Clements. In fact, it would be a very bad career move for anyone, not just Clements.

Storied legends you can never compete with given their recruiting handcuffs, for kids who even want to go there.

Newsflash to ND: You don't even matter anymore. (Except to NBC. You're the only sport they have left.)

I am starting to get worried that this guy will get nabbed for the ND job.  This could potentially screw up the offense short term (like winning out the season, and possibly playoffs) and long term with the continuity of having the same offense for more than one season.

149927[/snapback]

It would really suk as it seems they are finally "getting" the scheme .

But it also seems a reach for that to happen ... a few more good years as an OC and he will get consideration as a HC combined with ( my perception ) that the ND job looks to be a no win situation for anyone dumb enough to take it .

Clements wants to be a NFL coach going ND to be the head coach is a step back not a step forward. College ball is a totally different game. Just ask any of the coaches that have tried to make the leap from college to pro.

Unbidden change is always a concern, but since MM is actually an offensive guy and Clements is performing well and be trained in his wake, he is very useful as a leader on this team, but also very replaceable if it comes to that.

I'm actually more worried about Gray getting offered a promotion to an HC job which he has shown he merits consideration for. Though I have heard NO RUMORS of him being the next Marvin Lewis/Lovie Smith I suspect that since NFL teams will have a need to at least interview minority candidates he may well get an interview for an opening. he got an interview and was considered for the Bills HC job and was also sought after by his college alma mater.

think would leave a much biigger hole in this team to fill than losing Clements.