A positive sign....from a Bledsoe cynic

ajzepp

I think one of the most encouraging signs that Bledsoe has improved (other than the obvious things such as wins and touchdowns) is the number of receivers listed on the stat sheet. Used to be Moulds was always at the top, and then you may have had one or two others with one or two catches. Lately it's not like that.......you see 5, 6, 7 players with multiple catches now. I don't know if it's just that Drew has more time or what, but I think it has really contributed to our offense coming on as of late. I think Evans has really been impressive lately, too, and that obviously opens things up just like it was when Peerless was here.

Oh man, you need to open your eyes more often.

When he does well, the line blocks for him and the running game. When he's constantly being sacked, it's cuz we can't run worth a damn or block 5 on 5.

Take a look at some game tape and you'll notice that.

Sorry if I'm testy but not all of our probs are just his fault!!!

I don't give DB the credit he deserves either becuz I know other parts of the offense just weren't helping much.

I agree with what you said, but at the same time, when I've watched the handfull of games I've seen this year, Bledsoe has a tendency to lock on to Moulds and force the ball. He did that a LOT. I think he's beginning to overcome that.....whether it's because he has more time because of the line, or the fact that WM knows how to actually block someone, I don't know.....but if Bledsoe can distrubute the ball around more effectively - as he has been lately - then I am much more comfortable with him as the starter.

I agree with what you said, but at the same time, when I've watched the handfull of games I've seen this year, Bledsoe has a tendency to lock on to Moulds and force the ball. He did that a LOT. I think he's beginning to overcome that.....whether it's because he has more time because of the line, or the fact that WM knows how to actually block someone, I don't know.....but if Bledsoe can distrubute the ball around more effectively - as he has been lately - then I am much more comfortable with him as the starter.

149871[/snapback]

Maybe because, for a stretch there, every pass he threw to someone other than Moulds seemed to be dropped? Reed was the biggest culprit, and even had yet another drop Sunday. I think putting Evans in the game as the #2 WR has boosted Bledsoe's confidence that someone other than Moulds will come down with it.

Oh, and the fact that WM can block (and the OL has been blocking better as well) has helped a bit :doh:

CW

Everything people have said here is this thread is true. I just want to add that from some of the Bledsoe bashers (including myself) I/we dont disagree with these observations, I/we only want to add that a more mobile QB helps out when protection breaks down or the RB wiffs his block.

Having said that, Drew has been playing much better when it comes to being elusive. Sidesteps rushers, throws the ball away and occasionaly taking off and gaining yards. As long as he keeps playing that way, I've got no problem with Drew. I'm happy that we are winning. I couldn't care a less who plays Qb really. As long as that QB gives the Bills a chance to win.

GoBills

Down the Brown !